Electrical EngineersInternational Paper
International Paper has openings for Electrical Engineers.
We are looking for dependable women and men with excellent problem-solving, communication and teamwork skills to fill our challenging positions at various mill locations throughout the US, though primarily in the SE. There is a likelihood that you will relocate after an initial 2-3 year assignment in the company’s REACH development program, and opportunity to progress will continue to be enhanced by your continued availability to move. International Paper offers a great work environment, competitive salaries, and excellent benefits including health care, life insurance, disability income, gainsharing, holidays, vacation, 401k and retiree savings.
Electrical Engineers for REACH development program:
- Utilize knowledge and experience to improve quality, reduce costs, stabilize the process, and increase equipment reliability
- Routinely evaluate performance of process systems using data analysis, manufacturing excellence, and engineering tools.
- Transfer knowledge and troubleshooting skills to operating teams and Area Process Managers.
- Become skilled in Manufacturing Excellence tools to lead deliberate improvement projects.
- Develop process justification for capital improvements and support the FEL development as required to gain approval.
- Lead or support specialized process engineering activities such as equipment inspection, consultant problem solving, and Technology audits.
- Coordinate operator technical training as needed.
- Participate in on call weekend duty rotation.
- Willingness to fill in for needed roles like APM, special mill projects, etc.
- Willingness to work short durations of shift work if needed to support mill.
- Participate in the mill/department safety processes.
- Identify opportunities for cost reduction, improved efficiency, and safety
- Execute ME department projects to reduce costs, improve performance, and improve safety and Environmental performance.
- Implement systems for sustainment of improvements.
- Provide expertise and training with operators and maintenance to solve day-to-day problems.
- Evaluate and track Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s), operator performance data, identify trends, and recommend courses of action to address needs.
- Evaluate the layout, flow, and balance of processes, coordinate process changes and equipment modifications. Measure effectiveness of improvements.
- Provide expertise in the planning and execution of trials to support accuracy of data and results/conclusions.
- BS in Electrical Engineering
- 1-4 years of relevant experience, preferably in manufacturing, power and/or process controls
- Effective verbal and written communication.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, SharePoint, PI data analysis, Minitab)
- Ability to self-develop and accomplish personal improvement goals
- Ability handle multiple, complex tasks and complete them in a timely manner.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with operating teams, APM’s and Technology
- Ability to excel with minimal supervision in a team environment Preferred
- Knowledge with boiler burner management systems, DCS, PLC, Provox and/or Delta V, power distribution, instrumentation.
- Power Distribution relaying and coordination knowledge
- Turbine Generator and Voltage Regulator knowledge
- Power distribution modeling software knowledge
- EPD Maintenance inspection knowledge
- RCFA process knowledge
- Knowledgeable on large motor and generator operation, construction and maintenance requirements
Starting salary is low 70’s to upper 80’s depending on relevant education and experience.
Online applications must be submitted at internationalpaper.com no later than September 27, 2017
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans