Temporary Equipment Operators
WOODBURY COUNTY SECONDARY ROADS
TEMPORARY EQUIPMENT OPERATOR- 2 Positions
Entry Salary: $24.01/hour (Temporary-not to exceed 4 months)
Responsible for the safe, efficient operation and routine maintenance of a variety of heavy and light equipment used in the construction and maintenance of Secondary Roads in accordance with State and County standards, and for the performance of duties as a laborer or any other duties pertinent to the aforesaid which may be assigned by a Supervisor.This position is under the direct authority of the County Engineer/District Maintenance Foreman.
Work Headquarters: At any of the following Woodbury County Secondary Roads Maintenance sheds: Moville, Correctionville, Oto and/or Hornick, Iowa.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
The following duties are typical for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned
- Responsible for the safe and effective operation of scrapers, motor graders, bulldozers, end loaders, backhoes and trucks in carrying out duties of County Secondary Roads construction and maintenance work as directed or assigned by a Supervisor
- Performs general road maintenance including snowplowing, road sanding, brush removal and other related work.
- Performs routine maintenance on assigned equipment, such as lubrication and oil changes, checking engine levels and checking operating parts for safety and good working condition
- Performs various other duties relating to scope of responsibility as assigned by County Engineer and/or District Maintenance Foreman
- Attendance is required
Minimum Education and Experience Required to Perform Essential Functions:
- Knowledge of and the ability to operate a variety of heavy and light equipment including scrapers, motor graders, bulldozers, front end loaders, backhoes and trucks
- Knowledge of equipment maintenance specifications and the ability to perform the required maintenance
- Knowledge of safety standards relative to scope of responsibilities
- Practical knowledge of reading and interpreting grade stakes and blueprints
- Ability to work with hands, to perform routine heavy manual labor (50 to 85 pounds of dead lifting and to walk stairs carrying 50 pounds) for extended periods under possibly adverse weather conditions
- Ability to communicate tactfully and courteously with co-workers and the general public
- Must possess current Iowa Commercial driver's license and insurance.
- Candidate for hire must successfully pass a background check, a physical examination, and drug screening test prior to employment
Deadline: Until positions filled.