Manager, MBA Cohort Programs (Educational Program Administrator)
The School of Business MBA Programs is seeking a full-time Manager of MBA Cohort Programs (Educational Program Administrator). The incumbent will report to the MBA Program Director and will coordinate and manage the day-to-day administrative activities, and provide advising and program support to the MBA Programs at the School of Business, primarily focusing on the Online and Waterbury MBA cohort programs. The position will be based at the Waterbury campus but may require travel to Storrs or other School of Business campuses including Hartford and Stamford, as well as other locations in-state and out-of-state, with the possibility of occasional international travel. This position will require weekend and evening hours in support of program activities and events.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include but are not limited to:
- Managing general office operations and processing for the Online MBA & Waterbury MBA; maintains necessary paperwork including student records.
- Assisting in planning and implementation of the Online MBA & Waterbury PMBA program services and activities in accordance with program goals and objectives and supervising the day-to-day delivery of program content and services.
- Proactively managing student enrollments each semester. Identifying active unenrolled students and communicating with them via email to confirm their enrollment status.
- Advising admitted and enrolled students via email, phone, virtually, and in-person about program transfer requests, withdrawals, leaves of absences, reinstatements, waivers, graduation requirements, etc., ensuring compliance with University academic policies.
- Collaborating with the Director to plan and implement program services and activities in accordance with program goals and objectives, including but not limited to student welfare support and student community building activities.
- Assisting the Director in the management of onboarding processes for new adjunct faculty.
- Responsible for generating prospective students (MBA applicants) by implementing proactive and creative networking and recruitment activities such as outreach to the local Waterbury and surrounding communities and organizations and attending information sessions and other standard recruitment events.
- Processing graduation audits for students and communicating with students regarding all issues pertaining to graduation including applying for graduation, graduation ceremony, reception information, etc.
- Planning, executing, and evaluating orientation sessions, seminars, and all other program activities for students as well as maintaining a master calendar of program activities. May be involved in planning international trips and providing in-person oversight throughout the trip.
- Leading the Online MBA and Waterbury MBA student ambassador groups, which includes, but is not limited to, planning student events, and assessing overall student program satisfaction.
- Preparing written communications to current and prospective MBA students, faculty, and alumni.
- Serving as a resource to potential and current students, faculty, staff, and others on matters relating to program policies, procedures, and activities.
- Collecting and analyzing student data, faculty, program evaluations, etc., to assess the effectiveness of program content and procedures.
- Coordinating Waterbury campus classroom assignments, needs, and room set up with the campus.
- Preparing budget recommendations for Director; overseeing Online MBA and Waterbury MBA program revenues and expenditures and participating in preparing budget reports and projections for the program.
- Providing faculty load and SPAR information to the fiscal team according to current policy.
- Representing the MBA Program to faculty, staff, students, and other University departments as well as external constituents at conferences, meetings, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Five years of related work experience. One year of experience must be serving as an advanced team member.
- Prior experience independently implementing educational program(s) and identifying and resolving day-to-day program problems.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organize events/workshops/training courses/curricula and training materials appropriate to the program served.
- Proven experience successfully recruiting and counseling students.
- Demonstrated experience taking initiative, working independently and accurately, exercising sound judgment when making decisions, and meeting deadlines.
- Proven experience working well as part of a team.
- Demonstrated excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to build and maintain collaborative relationships with faculty, staff, students, administrators, external agencies/groups, and the public.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office Products, especially Excel and Word.
- Proven supervisory skills.
- Demonstrated experience with budgeting, forecasting, and monitoring spending within approved budgets.
- Dependable transportation and willingness and ability to work evening and weekend hours and travel in-state, out-of-state, and internationally as needed in support of program activities.
- Master’s degree in business, higher education administration, or related field.
- Three to five years of experience working in an academic higher education environment in a University setting.
- Demonstrated experience using Peoplesoft or another student administration system.
- Demonstrated experience using HuskyCT or another student portal.
- Experience working with mature students, executives, and other professionals.
- Experience working with faculty on a college campus.
This is a full-time position based in Waterbury, CT.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Employment of the successful candidate is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check.
Please apply online at https://hr.uconn.edu/jobs, Staff Positions, Search #496610 to upload a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three (3) professional references.
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:55 p.m. Eastern time on July 27, 2022.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.
The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University’s teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn’s ranking as one of the nation’s top research universities. UConn’s faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.