Manager, Enterprise Applications
Manager, Enterprise Applications
About University at Albany:
Established in 1844 and designated a University Center of the State University of New York in 1962, the University at Albany's broad mission of excellence in undergraduate and graduate education, research and public service engages a diverse student body of more than 17,900 students in nine schools and colleges across three campuses.
Located in Albany, New York, New York State's capital, the University is convenient to Boston, New York City and the Adirondacks.
Information Technology Services (ITS) at the University at Albany seeks applicants for a Manager, Enterprise Applications. The successful candidate is passionate about assessing and improving the local and enterprise-wide applications supporting the University's administrative and business needs. The Manager provides direct supervision of the ITS Administrative and Business Services group, which is responsible for developing technical solutions for the University's business processes and services. She/he/they foster strong relationships with campus partners to build and implement new system functionalities, lead development and upgrade projects, and set standards and quality control for applications that align with the University's strategic goals. Given these critical communication and application goals, significant in-person engagement is necessary to succeed in this leadership role.
- Establish and maintain effective customer relationships with business offices across the University
- Develop and maintain an understanding of how technology enables the administrative and business functions of the University
- Directly supervise the ITS Administrative and Business Services group, including prioritizing and assigning work; conducting performance evaluations; hiring/termination; and professional development/improvement recommendations
- Oversee the software development lifecycle and application support for all enterprise business systems including the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system (PeopleSoft) configuration, customization, scripting, integration, testing, etc.
- Optimize the use of highly complex enterprise systems in support of business processes in collaboration with others across the IT organization.
- Assess business requirements, and manage application implementations, upgrades, and enhancements or customizations with the members of the business services group and stakeholders in business offices across the University.
- Develop and administer approved budgets; implement and allocate resources
- Actively participate as needed in ITS projects
- Be available to provide scheduled support and consultation outside normal business hours, including occasional evenings, holidays, or weekends, within reasonable professional obligation and expectation
- Bachelor's Degree from a college or university accredited by a U.S. Department of Education or internationally recognized accrediting organization
- At least five (5) years of professional experience in supporting or delivering IT applications
- At least two (2) years of IT supervisory experience
- Experience leading/managing the development and deployment of applications in a business environment
- Proven project management skills with demonstrated ability to collect business requirements and provide solution design and build processes
- Excellent interpersonal skills and oral/written communications skills, as evidenced in prior positions and demonstrated throughout the recruitment process
- Applicants must clearly address their ability to work with a culturally diverse population in their application or during the interview
- At least two (2) years of higher education work experience
- Five (5) or more years of IT supervisory experience
- Working knowledge of web-based software development, preferably PeopleSoft
- Relevant certification(s) including ITIL Foundation, PMI PMP, PMI PBA, and/or CBAP
- Experience managing, supporting, or delivering PeopleSoft Campus Solutions or comparable student information system
- Proven application, programming, and systems analysis skills
Professional Rank and Salary Range: Assistant Director Computing Services SL-5, $115,000-125,000
Special note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, or Clery Act, mandates that all Title IV institutions, without exception, prepare, publish and distribute an Annual Security Report. This report consists of two basic parts: disclosure of the University's crime statistics for the past three years; and disclosures regarding the University's current campus security policies. The University at Albany's Annual Security Report is available in portable document format [PDF] by clicking this link http://police.albany.edu/ASR.shtml
Pursuant to NYS Labor Law 194-A, no State entity, as defined by the Law, is permitted to rely on, orally or in writing seek, request, or require in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current wage, or salary history as a condition to be interviewed, or as a condition of continuing to be considered for an offer of employment until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation, and for the purpose of verifying information, may such requests be made. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com.
THE UNIVERSITY AT ALBANY IS AN EO/AA/IRCA/ADA EMPLOYER
Please apply online via https://albany.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=153380
Applicants MUST submit the following documents:
- Cover letter stating all the required minimum qualifications and any of the applicable preferred qualifications
- Contact information for three professional references
Note: After submitting your resume, the subsequent pages give you instructions for uploading additional documents (i.e. cover letter etc.).
This posting will remain open until the position is filled.