Generalist ClerkUnited States Bankruptcy Court District of South Carolina
POSITION: Generalist Clerk – Full Time
LOCATION: Columbia, SC
CLASSIFICATION/STARTING SALARY: CL 23 ($33,641-$54,670) annualized, depending upon qualifications.
CLOSING DATE: May 22, 2019, at 5:00 p.m.
The Court is recruiting for a well-organized, detail-oriented individual who possesses excellent time management skills and enjoys variety in job duties and responsibilities. The selected candidate’s primary duty will be to file cases and assist the public.
The Generalist Clerk performs various functions and is responsible for assisting in maintaining and processing case information during the initial filing of documents, in accordance with approved internal controls, procedures, and rules. The Generalist Clerk assists with records and reproduction and/or case initiation. The incumbent receives and reviews incoming court documents for conformity with federal and local rules and performs customer service for the purpose of providing procedural information and collecting court fees.
To qualify for this position an applicant must be a high school graduate, or equivalent, with a minimum of two years general administrative/clerical experience. Applicants must possess exceptional computer skills with a demand for accuracy and quality assurance. Applicants must be team players who are dependable, detail oriented and able to work in a multitasking, fast-paced environment. Position encompasses a great deal of responsibility and requires a mature, self motivated person with a professional attitude. Applicants must possess exceptional communication skills as frequent contact with a wide variety of individuals within and outside the Judiciary is required. College degree, higher education courses, and/or prior court/legal experience is preferred.
Educational substitutions may be made for some of the required experience. Education above the high school level in accredited institutions may be substituted for the general experience on the basis of one academic year (30 semester or 45 quarter hours) equals nine months of experience.
INFORMATION FOR APPLICANTS: Employees of the United States Bankruptcy Court serve under excepted appointments and are considered "AT WILL" employees. Judiciary employees must adhere to a Code of Conduct. The applicant who best suits the needs of the Court will be selected.
- Interviewees may be subject to a full National Crime Information Center (NCIC)
- Appointees may be removed from this position at any time if, after reasonable on-the-job training, the candidate fails to perform at a satisfactory level.
- The court reserves the right to modify the conditions of this job announcement or to
withdraw the announcement, any of which actions may occur without prior written or other notice.
- In the event that a position becomes vacant in a similar classification, within a reasonable time from the original announcement, the Clerk of Court may elect to select the next top rated candidate from those who applied for the initial announcement without re-posting the position.
- Potential salary progression may be considered without further competition.
- A mandatory electronic direct deposit of salary payments is required.
- Applicants must be a U. S. Citizen or eligible to work in the United States.
- Incomplete resumes will not be considered.
- Expenses for interviews or relocation are not authorized for reimbursement.
- The court is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
TO APPLY: Qualified individuals must submit a letter of interest, AO Form 78, and a resume with three references to email@example.com. All documents must be submitted as one PDF document. Applicant must state in the subject line “Generalist Clerk 19-04.”
Voice and data inquiries are not accepted.