IT Security Specialist #19-05U.S. Bankruptcy Court District of SC
Vacancy Announcement #19-05
Position: IT Security Specialist – Full Time
Location: Columbia, SC
Salary Range: ($45,321-$73,637)
The Court is recruiting for a well-organized, detail-oriented individual who possesses excellent skills in information technology security policy and who can plan, develop and implement policies and technologies necessary to protect the Court’s automation resources.
- Assist with reviewing and evaluating recommendations of the agency’s technology
security program, including automation, telecommunication, and other technology used by the agency.
- Assist with the implementation of security services available to the agency to ensure good security posture.
- Assist with providing technical advisory services to securely design, implement, maintain, or modify information technology systems and networks critical to the operation and success of the agency. Perform research to identify potential vulnerabilities in, and threats to, existing and proposed technologies, and notify managers/personnel of the risk potential.
- Assist in the remediation of identified risks, and implementation of security measures.
- Assist with review and implementation of disaster recovery plans, and information
technology security policy.
- Draft, implement, test, and maintain the Court’s Continuity of Operations Plan.
- Maintain the Systems Security Plan (Automation Manual).
- Conduct the annual review and maintenance of the security scorecard
- Support Court users with IT security-related matters, including assistance with secure
access methods, and remote/mobile access. Provide Annual Security training to Court staff utilizing Administrative Office Resources.
- Assist with response to SOC alerts, virus alerts, and handle remediation.
- Support IT security best practices. Assist in the analysis, design and implementation of security policies and procedures. Assist in development of policies and procedures to ensure IT systems are reliable, secure and managed to prevent and defend against
- Develop custom reports, document and test work, and assist preparing documentation used by end-users and Information Technology staff.
- Provide analysis and recommendations to the IT Director/Administrative Manager of user needs and software requirements and determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
- Install or assist in the installation of new or revised releases of local and national systems.
- Customize and develop Operating Systems (OS), as needed, and advise staff on the use. Develop and maintain operating system library and prepare and maintain documentation of all locally developed configurations. Assist other Information Technology staff and perform general office automation user support
- Assist with special projects related to information technology. Other duties as assigned.
To qualify for this position an applicant must be a high school graduate, or equivalent, with a minimum of two years general IT experience and three years of specialized experience in the areas identified in the representative duties.
Educational substitutions may be made for some of the required general experience. Education above the high school level in accredited institutions may be substituted for the general experience on the basis of one academic year (30 semester or 45 quarter hours) equals nine months of experience. Education may not be substituted for specialized experience. Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related degree and two years of Information Technology experience; or associate’s degree from an accredited institution in Information Technology, Computer Science or related degree with four years of Information Technology experience is preferred. Customer service/help desk experience, and experience within the courts or legal field is preferred.
Applicants must possess good judgment, be dependable, be a proactive self-starter, and demonstrate initiative in problem-solving. The position requires exceptional ability to effectively communicate, articulate, and relate to coworkers and others with professionalism and integrity. Candidates must also possess the ability to exercise mature judgment, possess high ethical standards, a positive work attitude, and the ability to work harmoniously with others in a team-oriented environment. The ability to travel within the District of South Carolina is needed.
Preferred Technical Qualifications:
Prior Federal Court IT knowledge, Microsoft Networking, Windows 10 Desktop Operating System, MS O365, VMWare, Cisco VoIP phones, Aruba/HP Switches, Palo Alto Firewalls, Forcepoint, Splunk Log Server, Nessus Vulnerability Scanner, Quest Software, Symantec Antivirus Centralized Management Console, iOS devices, Ivanti patch management, Workspace ONE.
Certification or Training preferred; GIAC Security Essentials (GSEC), CompTIA Security + , Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
The court is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Voice and email inquiries are not accepted.