POLICE LIEUTENANTTown of Kingstree
TOWN OF KINGSTREE
Road Patrol Division
Work is performed under the general direction of the Chief of Police.
Example of Duties
- Acts as commander and directs shift activities.
- Supervises and instructs sworn officers and civilian personnel as to work assignments and procedures in patrol, investigations, traffic, or other assigned areas; assists officers on calls for service.
- Assists with the recruitment and selection of department personnel; assigns, directs, trains, and inspects the work of staff; rewards, coaches, counsels, and evaluates staff performance; develops staff schedules; recommends transfers, promotions, suspensions, terminations, and demotions.
General Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of approved principles, practices, and procedures of law enforcement.
- Thorough knowledge of pertinent Federal and State laws and municipal ordinances.
- Possession of or ability to obtain Firearms, Radar, Field Training Instructor, and other certifications depending on departmental assignment.
- Ability to analyze complex police problems and to adopt effective and reasonable courses of action with due regard to surrounding hazards and circumstances.
- Ability to communicate ideas effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to prepare and present detailed reports.
- Ability to operate personal computer including some knowledge of applicable software packages.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with officers, victims, suspects, outside law enforcement agency representatives, and the general public.
- Valid South Carolina Driver’s License and SC Law Enforcement Training Certification.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice or a related field is preferred along with a considerable amount of supervisory experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of (5) years of sworn law enforcement officer experience with (2) years of command experience.
The Town of Kingstree offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits.
The Town of Kingstree is an Equal Opportunity Employer