Financial Aid Counselor
Financial Aid Counselor
The Office of Financial Aid at The University of Tampa has a position available for a Counselor who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment to advise students and parents on financing their UT education. This position reports to the Associate Director of Financial Aid.
This position is designated as an essential employee and may be required to report to work as scheduled when University offices are closed due to severe weather or other conditions.
- Provide exceptional customer service while upholding UT's mission and enrollment goals.
- Counsel students, applicants, and/or family members on financial aid options, costs, and financial responsibilities.
- Assist in FAFSA completion.
- Package aid, complete verification & loan processing for students in the assigned population.
- Use professional judgment to adjust aid eligibility on a case-by-case basis, as allowed by federal regulations and institutional policies.
- Coordinate with other institutional offices in the best interest of the student.
- Ensure compliance with Federal and State regulations and institutional policies.
- Represent the financial aid office and UT at outreach events for current and prospective students (note: some events are off-campus and may require overnight or multiple night travel).
- Other related administrative duties as assigned.
- Contribute to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures and backgrounds.
- Bachelor's degree (required).
- Knowledge of Federal and State financial aid regulations and programs.
- Strong public relations, customer service, and public speaking skills.
- Excellent written, oral, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Ability to establish priorities and manage time wisely.
- Strong computer skills required, including Microsoft Office suite.
- Accounting knowledge helpful.
- Some travel required must have a valid driver's license and vehicle.
- Availability to work some evenings, weekends, and occasional overnight travel (for events and/or training).
- Knowledge of or the ability to learn quickly The University of Tampa software programs such as Workday and Microsoft Office.
- Willingness to embrace new technologies and innovative organizational practices.
For further details, and to apply, please visit our website at ut.edu/jobs
Applicants should be prepared to attach a cover letter and resume.
The University of Tampa offers great benefits to include:
- FREE Tuition
- Generous paid leave
- Wellness initiatives
- 100% Employer-Funded Health Reimbursement Account
- 100% Employer-Paid Short & Long Term Disability Insurance
- 100% Employer-Funded Employee Assistance Program
- Discounted On-Campus Dining Meal Plans
- FREE On-Campus Parking
- FREE Access to Campus Amenities (pool, library, campus events and more)
- Fitness Center
- Pet Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- And more!
The University of Tampa is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.