Truck MechanicThe State
Maintains fleet of box trucks and vans by inspecting and maintaining vehicles.
Gas and diesel engine knowledge required.
- Completes preventive maintenance such as, engine tune-ups, oil changes on diesel trucks and gasoline vans.
- Maintains functional condition by listening to operator complaints; conducting inspections, repairing engine failures, repairing mechanical and electrical systems malfunctions; replacing parts and components.
- Verifies vehicle serviceability by conducting test drives; adjusting controls and systems.
- Complies with state vehicle requirements by testing engine, safety and combustion control standards.
- Maintains vehicle maintenance records.
- Keeps shop equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies, performing preventative maintenance and calling for repairs.
- Contains cost by using warranty; evaluating service and parts options.
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock and placing orders.
- Substitutes on route drives in emergency situations.
- 3-5 years experience as a mechanic in commercial shop
- Excellent knowledge of mechanical, electrical and electronic components of vehicles.
- Working knowledge of diagnostic systems and methods
- Ability to handle various tools and heavy equipment (e.g. lift)
- Certification from a vocational school
- Class A drivers license
The State Media is a drug free employer who valued diversity in the workplace. Full-time employees are offered health, vision, dental, employee/spouse/child life insurance, pet insurance, 401(k), vacation, sick leave, short and long term disability paid holidays and on-site gym.