Maintenance MechanicThe State
Under limited supervision, maintain and repair production equipment to ensure maximum production, equipment life and safety.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Perform preventive maintenance and repair production equipment to ensure maximum production equipment life and safety. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Clean, lubricate and check equipment for wear.
- Make necessary adjustments on equipment.
- Troubleshoot equipment problems, ensuring minimal downtime.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production run.
- Perform welding as necessary.
Perform mechanic skills including but not limited to:
- Mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
- Read and interrupt equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Comply with OSHA safety and health rules.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; associates degree in mechanical, electrical or industrial maintenance a plus.
- 5 yrs. manufacturing experience, demonstrated mechanical and industrial skills preferred.
- Welding experience.
- Ability to read schematics.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to multi-task and consistently meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and to contribute in a team environment.
- Flexible and adaptable to changing work priorities.
Must be available for night shifts and over time.
Physical and Mental Demands
- Frequent standing on concrete floor.
- Constant walking
- frequent stair climbing (press railing)
- Occasional lifting up to 65 pounds.
- Occasional pushing/pulling up to 1,000 pounds.
- Constant kneeling, stooping, bending, crouching, or crawling.
- Constant reaching with arms and hands.
- Frequent finger movement (manual dexterity).
- Constant Twisting or pressure involving wrists or hands.
- Constant clear vision at 20 inches or less.
- Constantly reads and comprehend English language.
- Constantly speak and write in English.
- Frequently perform calculations.
- Constantly reason and analyze.