Machine Mechanic SupervisorThe State
Oversees the maintenance and repair of production equipment life and safety.
Duties include but are not limited to managing daily repair schedule and assigning to day/night maintenance team.
Maintenance Supervisor is actively involved in the repairs, adjustments and troubleshooting of the production equipment. Responsible for the procurement of production machine equipment parts.
Carriers out supervisory responsibilities for assigned employees in accordance with the company policy and law.
Our business has expanded and we are a printing production hub for seven daily and two weekly newspapers.
Ideal candidate will possess mechanic skills including:
- Mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic troubleshooting and repair.
- Ability to read and interpret equipment manuals and blue prints.
- Welding experience.
- Rudimentary machine knowledge.
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills.
- Ability to multi-task and consistently meet deadlines.
- Flexible and adaptable to changing work priorities.
- Associated degree in Industrial Maintenance or related field preferred.
- 5 years supervisory experience in an industrial environment.
Physical and Mental Demands include but are not limited to:
- Frequent standing on concrete flooring.
- Frequent walking up stairs/ladders to access top of the press equipment.
- Frequent lifting.
- Occasional lifting over 65 pounds.
- Constant bending, stooping, kneeling, crouching and/or crawling.
- Constant reaching with hands and arms.
- Repetitive or fine finger movement.
- Clear vision at 20 inches or less.
- Constant ability to perform calculations, reason and analyze.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of post-offer drug and background screenings. We offer full-time employees a varied benefits package including; health, vision, dental, pet, employee/spouse/child life insurance, 401(k), vacation, sick leave, short and long term disability, paid holidays and on-site gym.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer who value diversity in the workplace.