Fleet MechanicThe State
Maintains fleet of box trucks and vans by inspecting and maintaining vehicles.
Gas and diesel engine knowledge required.
- Completes preventive maintenance such as, engine tune-ups, oil changes on diesel trucks and gasoline vans.
- Maintains functional condition by listening to operator complaints; conducting inspections, repairing engine failures, repairing mechanical and electrical systems malfunctions; replacing parts and components.
- Verifies vehicle serviceability by conducting test drives; adjusting controls and systems.
- Complies with state vehicle requirements by testing engine, safety and combustion control standards.
- Maintains vehicle maintenance records.
- Keeps shop equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies, performing preventative maintenance and calling for repairs.
- Contains cost by using warranty; evaluating service and parts options.
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock and placing orders.
- Substitutes on route drives in emergency situations.
- 3-5 years experience as a mechanic in commercial shop
- Excellent knowledge of mechanical, electrical and electronic components of vehicles.
- Working knowledge of diagnostic systems and methods
- Ability to handle various tools and heavy equipment (e.g. lift)
- Certification from a vocational school
- Class A drivers' license
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of post-offer drug and background screenings. We offer a competitive salary, along with a varied benefits package, including, Medical, Dental, Vision coverage, LiveWell, Life Insurance, accident and critical care insurance, identity theft, pet insurance, 401(k) Savings Plan, vacation, sick leave and company holidays.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer