Civil TechniciansSystem One
System One is looking for experienced Civil Technicians for a long-term assignment in Aiken, SC. Must live local or relocate to the area. Must have s concrete testing experience. However, soil testing field or lab a plus.
Job Location: Aiken, SC (Savannah River Site)
Job Title: Civil Technician in Soils & Concrete Testing
Job Description & Responsibilities:
- Perform Concrete Field/Lab & Soils Field/Lab Testing activity.
- The Civil Technician reports directly to the Civil Level III Supervisor and will have the following duties and responsibilities as a minimum:
- The Civil Technician must have the flexibility to work rotating shifts and weekends if needed
- Pass written examinations for all Civil Testing qualifications.
- Assist the Civil departments by performing examinations in accordance with documented procedures, acceptance standards, and/or industry practices as defined in implementing documents.
- Assure that all conditions adverse to quality are properly documented and processed in accordance with System One nonconformance program and/or the corrective actions program.
- Follow all System One & SAFETY procedures and guidelines.
• High School Diploma or equivalent
Job Qualifications: 3-5 years’ experience without a degree or minimum 6 months with a 4 year degree. All qualifications listed below are not required for entire Technicians but is desirable.
- Concrete Field Testing, Grade I, II or III
- Concrete Aggregate Testing, Grade I, II or III
- Concrete Strength Testing, Grade I, II or III
- Soils Field Testing
- Soils Lab Testing
- Effective communication skills (speaking, reading, and writing), using the English language, required;
- Ability to routinely lift 40 to 50 lbs. (field/laboratory samples and equipment), required;
- Willingness to work outdoors in varying weather conditions (Company will provide Personal Protective Equipment and inclement weather gear, as appropriate);
- Ability to work and maneuver equipment (such as a loaded wheelbarrow) on uneven ground and around active construction sites;
- DOT Certifications in the fields of Aggregate, Conventional Density, Asphalt, and Concrete. Pay rate is based on level of experience and active certifications.