Senior Human Resources Generalist
The Eastover Mill is located in Eastover. SC. It is Sylvamo's largest uncoated freesheet mills in the US producing approximately 2300 TPD of bleached pulp and paper. The mill employs approximately 650+ employees and operates as a union-free organization with high performance work systems. The Senior HR Generalist reports to the mill HR Manager, Walt Partrich. The Senior HR Generalist will have dotted-line reporting relationship to department managers of the areas they will support, thus providing an exciting opportunity for someone who desires to be a change leader impacting the results for the large business units. The successful incumbent should be prepared for HR leadership positions, with the Eastover Senior HR Generalist position providing a learning opportunity for an approximate two-year assignment, which will foster career growth and development.
Serve as a business partner with line management in instituting work system improvements which positively impact business profitability:
- Educate, coach and counsel leaders in the organization on performance management processes and tools
- Counsel leaders on engagement and diversity to build work teams that fully contribute to meeting or exceeding business goals.
- Recruit hourly and salaried employees utilizing best employment practices, including maintaining positive college relations.
- Develop leaders and teams and help managers identify training and education needs and initiate cost effective delivery systems to meet those needs.
- Educate and coach line management on company policies and practices as well as applicable federal and state regulations, to ensure fair and consistent delivery of human resources tools and services.
- Promote and participate in the planning and implementation of communication strategies which deliver accurate, consistent and timely information on business issues and employee concerns.
- Research and introduce human resources best practice concepts to ensure that the organization is utilizing leading edge human resources technology and proactively considering new strategies.
- Represent management in employee relations, including interpretation and administration of policies and practice.
- Serve as Champion for change management to help drive the continued development of a reliability culture and other significant changes with bottom line impact.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or a relevant field (Master’s preferred)
- 3+ years HR experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment (Co-op/Intern exp. included; 5+ years preferred)
- Experience developing and implementing leadership training (preferred)
- Experience managing college relations programs with Universities and Technical Colleges (preferred)
- Strong functional/technical skills with emphasis on employee relations and change management
- Proficient computer skills, knowledge of HRIS systems
- Strong work ethic and perseverance
- Strong communication skills to include listening, presentation and persuasion/selling skills
- Strong people skills to include building interpersonal relations, conflict management, interpersonal savvy and sizing up people
- Project management/priority setting/process management skills are highly desired
- Experience working with a team to achieve desired results (experience working with a management team preferred)
- Experience researching HR issues (i.e., legal updates, best practices, etc.)
- Knowledge of compensation administration (pay for skills experience preferred)
- Knowledge of salaried benefits package/leave process
- Knowledge of employment law (basic)
- Knowledge of selection processes/affirmative action (experience administering preferred)
- Experience with needs assessment, design and development and training of adults
- Experience in leading org change efforts and experience designing and implementing work systems is highly desirable.
- Integrity and Trust
- Managerial Courage
- Customer Focus
- Learning on the Fly
- Organizational Agility
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Business Acumen
- Drive for Results
- Managing through Systems
Online applications must be submitted at sylvamo.com/us/en/ by January 9, 2022.
Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/D/V