Maintenance TechnicianSundaram Clayton USA, LLC
Sundaram - Clayton USA, LLC is currently hiring Maintenance Technicians
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for maintenance, installation, effective evaluation and repair of production equipment and infrastructure.
- Troubleshoots and diagnoses electrical, hydraulic, mechanical and pneumatic deficiencies of production equipment.
- Interprets and utilizes electrical, hydraulic, mechanical and pneumatic drawings of production equipment.
- Operates and evaluates performance of production equipment; and corrects deficiencies.
- Welds and follows safe welding practices.
- Adheres to and maintain a positive attitude; Show respect for others; Meet commitments; Maintain transparency; Do not cater to rank.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Utilizes hand tools, power tools, and hoists/cranes to repair and maintain production equipment.
- Utilizes calipers, micrometers and other gauges to evaluate production equipment components.
- Identifies and specifies required machine components.
- May be trained and assigned to operate a forklift. Keeps work area clean of debris and safety hazards.
- Complies with Safety Policies and reports unsafe conditions.
- May be trained and assigned to perform Plant Start-up & Shutdown Procedures and Weekend/Holiday Shutdown Facilities Check.
- May be assigned Team Leader responsibilities (guidance of B level and lower maintenance mechanics).
Sundaram-Clayton Limited, a leading Indian manufacturer and supplier of aluminum cas tand machined products to global automotive original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), will be launching its first U.S. manufacturing operations in Dorchester County called Sundaram Clayton USA, LLC. By investing $50 million, the company is expecting to create 130 new jobs over the next five years.
Located in the Ridgeville Industrial Campus in Ridgeville, S.C., Sundaram Clayton USA, LLC has acquired 50 acres of land for its new facility, where it will manufacture aluminum high-pressure die-cast products and permanent mold gravity cast parts for its customers. Construction at the site began April 2017, and the first production line is projected to be operational by the end of 2018.
Sundaram Clayton USA, LLC's quest for excellence lies on total employee involvement. A strong QC circle movement and cross functional problem solving approach contribute to a steady stream of continuous improvements. Sundaram Clayton USA, LLC realizes the importance of continuously honing the expertise of its human resources and learning from the best practices across the globe.