Account ExecutiveState Newspaper
The Advertising Account Executive is responsible for account development. They will establish and maintain relationships with current and potential advertisers, matching the business’s need with the best marketing solution State Media offers, including but not limited to online marketing, print newspaper advertising, niche publications, inserts, email advertising, social media, online reputation management and more.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Compile and assess market and advertiser research to identify and qualify prospects.
- Achieve revenue goals by developing and servicing existing, new and inactive accounts; maintaining awareness of local competitive conditions, and improving market share*
- Collaborate with Client Success Strategists to create proposals after gaining a complete understanding of the client’s needs through a customer needs analysis.
- Anticipate trends, situations or changing market conditions and take appropriate action on a timely basis.
- Obtain pertinent information concerning prospects’ past and current advertising, as well as future plans/budgets for use in sales presentations.
- Contact and visit prospects regularly to point out advantages of advertising in print and online, while serving as a consultant to them and source of field intelligence of conditions that affect their business.
- Prospect daily through phone calls, emails and in-person visits to potential advertisers to ensure attainment of revenue goals.
- Maintain an organized lead list and follow up appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Inform advertisers of advertising rates, current distribution figures, demographic, economic and market data, advantages of contracts and company policies.
- Assist advertisers in planning advertising strategy, layouts, schedules, budgets, and copy.
- Process ad orders and related written correspondence prior to associated deadlines and with accuracy.
- Meet performance standards on consistent basis.
- Be able to comfortably use technology in daily work activities.
- Be diligent to avoid billing errors and correct them quickly when they do occur, communicating with your supervisor.
- Respond to complaints or requests or refer them to appropriate department within 24 hours.
- Attend weekly sales meetings and one-on-one meetings with your supervisor and participate in department training sessions.
- Anticipate changes and react productively when change occurs.
- Adhere to all company and departmental safety policies and procedures.
The fulltime position includes a competitive salary, commission program, and a comprehensive benefits package, including 401(k) match.