Transit OperatorRappahannock Rapidan Community Services
Rappahannock Rapidan Community Services Board has a unique opportunity for individuals that desire to serve their community. We are looking for friendly people that would like to assist us with transporting our consumers. If you have a valid driver's license and you can operate a passenger vehicle, we want to hear from you! Position pays $11.25/hour.
- Pick up, drive, and drop clients off at designated locations.
- Assist clients with boarding and departing vehicles, including operating vehicle wheelchair lift equipment.
- Completes pre-trip maintenance and safety inspections.
- Must be able to work 5 days/week (Monday – Friday)
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Able to push strap wheelchairs and enter vans for each pickup and drop off; assist clients as needed.
Education and Experience:
- Some High School
- At least one year driving experience
- Experience operating passenger vehicles or similar equipment and in dealing with the public preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Thorough knowledge of regions traffic rules and regulations.
- Ability to operate passenger vehicles and related equipment safely and efficiently.
- Ability to remain alert and calm during periods of stress.
- Valid Virginia driver’s license with acceptable record.
- Maintain training and certifications as required.
- Work requires moderate physical effort working regularly with lightweight materials and occasionally with heavyweight materials (up to 50 pounds).