Senior Staff Engineer/Environmental Compliance SpecialistQuonset Development
Quonset Development is seeking a Senior Staff Engineer/Environmental Compliance Specialist. See job posting at www.quonsetjobs.com for more details. Letters of interest and resumes will be accepted through December 6, 2019.
This position supports the Engineering Department in civil, environmental engineering projects and regulatory compliance, with a strong focus on environmental compliance relating to site development/re-development projects and public utility infrastructure owned and operated by the Quonset Development Corporation (QDC).
The engineer/compliance specialist will support the preparation of design plans, specifications, and cost estimates; review design plans for new construction activities, monitor and assist with environmental compliance inspections and procedures for all utilities, and perform construction inspections. All of these tasks will focus on ensuring compliance with Quonset Business Park (QBP) and other State and Federal regulatory agencies.
- Bachelor’s degree in science or related field (i.e. engineering, construction management, biology, chemistry, etc.);
- 5 years of professional experience in one of the above related technical fields;
- Knowledge or regulated pollutants in drinking water, wastewater, and stormwater; water chemistry, analytical testing methods, fluid mechanics/hydraulics, and some hydrology;
- Valid driver’s license;
- Ability to obtain security clearances via detailed background checks (BCI, TSA, DoD, etc.);
- Computer proficiency (AutoCAD, HydroCAD, Microsoft Office, on-line reporting applications, on-line forms, etc.);
- Ability to climb ladders and enter confined spaces (possibly requiring a permit).
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.