Special Education Teacher
Qualifications/Credentials: Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s in Special Education with active South Carolina Special Education teacher certification. Able to demonstrate excellent oral and written communications, leadership skills and teambuilding, able to work effectively with team members. Display honesty, integrity and a commitment to the mission of Pine Grove.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administers the classroom curriculum as prescribed by South Carolina Department of Education Standards.
- Develop and implement daily lesson plans for classroom activities and organizes the classroom for daily instruction.
- Develops, tests, and monitors students’ Individual Education Plans (IEPs).
- Plans and coordinates meetings regarding Individual Education Plans (IEPs).
- Selects and requests books, instructional aides, and instructional supplies, maintains inventory of supplies, equipment, and materials needed for classroom activities.
- Prepares, administers, and corrects tests and assignments, records grades and/or other assessments.
- Maintains order in the classroom.
- Maintains effective communication with parents/guardians, Teachers, Therapists (Psychologist, Speech, Occupational, and Physical), and District Representatives concerning services/meetings.
- Evaluates progress of student’s IEP goals/objectives.
- Participates in professional meetings/committees.
- Participates in educational conferences, teaching/training workshops and monthly in-services.
- Supervises activities of assigned Behavior Technicians.
- Follows procedures when planning community outings/field trips.
- Maintain flexible schedule that meets program needs.
- Maintain child, staff and agency confidentiality.
- Conduct training with employees.
- Know and conduct emergency procedures (fire, tornado, accident, missing child, etc).
- Pass on all necessary information to Education Administrator and Education Coordinator.