Pathology AssistantPee Dee Pathology
PATHOLOGY ASSISTANT POSITION AVAILABLE
Fast paced medical laboratory seeking motivated individual to join our staff.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills as well as excellent customer service and organizational skills
- Ability to interact at all levels of the organization and work independently as well as problem solve and troubleshoot
- Under the direction of the supervisor and medical director the pathology assistant performs processing, describing, and dissecting surgical specimens
- Prepares frozen section tissue slides for rapid diagnosis
- Accessions and performs data entry of patient and specimen information as required
- Performs general lab functions
- Maintains laboratory equipment, supplies and records
- Knowledge of PC applications required
Shift is Monday - Friday 9:00 am - 6:00 pm with some call time required.
The position offers excellent benefits and salary commensurate with experience. Previous experience in the medical field preferred. Bachelor's degree in biological sciences, allied health sciences or related field required.