Information Technology Manager (IT)
JOB VACANCY NOTICE
Office Title: Information Technology Manager (IT)
Salary: $90,000-$110,000 (Annual)
Civil Service Title: Assistant to the President
Title Code & Schedule: 13210 – Full Time
The Information Technology Manager will be a member of the Borough President’s Operations team reporting to the Deputy Chief of Staff for Operations. The IT Manager will oversee the maintenance of all facets of the office’s technology and telecommunications devices and systems. The IT Manager will use their expertise to support the Borough President and staff in optimizing internal and external communications and other office operations.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage, monitor, and troubleshoot performance and security of all computers, printers, IP telephone systems, and relevant equipment in the Active Directory environment of the Brooklyn Borough President’s Office.
- Monitor network performance, including software, hardware, power, and communications to ensure that the network is secure.
- Liaise with the City’s Department of Information Technology and Telecommunications (DOITT) and outside vendors.
- Provide helpdesk support to staff.
- Maintain inventory of IT desktop and network equipment and document all facets of IT network operations.
- Diagnose problems or errors within the networking system and subsystems and recommend and make necessary improvements to network configurations to achieve operating efficiencies. • Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications Requirements
- A baccalaureate degree, from an accredited college including or supplemented by twenty-four (24) semester credits in cyber security, network security, computer science, computer programming, computer engineering, information technology, information science, information systems management, network administration, or related area; or
- A four-year high school diploma or its equivalent approved by a state’s department of education or a recognized accrediting organization and three years of satisfactory experience in any of the areas described in “1” above; or
- Education and/or experience equivalent to “1” or “2”, above. College education may be substituted
for up to two years of the required experience in “2” above on the basis that sixty (60) semester credits from an accredited college are equated to one year of experience. In addition, twenty-four (24) credits from an accredited college or graduate school in cyber security, network security, computer science, computer programming, computer engineering, information technology, information science, information systems management, network administration, or a pertinent scientific, technical, or related area; or a certificate of at least 625 hours in computer programming from an accredited technical school (post-high school), may be substituted for one year of experience.
- Experience using information technology in computer applications programming, systems programming, computer systems development, data telecommunications, database administration, planning of data/information processing, user services, or area networks.
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Office 365 suite; PC hardware/software, desktop, and laptop network configuration connectivity troubleshooting, including DHCP, and DNS configurations.
- Experience with installation and support of LAN and WAN technologies; Office 365 SharePoint; training end-users; CISCO routers and firewalls, switches, and related protocols; installing, troubleshooting, and maintaining Desktop computer configurations; network design, deployment, and troubleshooting.
- Full understanding of Windows Server and NAS.
- Project planning, performance analysis, and fault management skills.
- Capacity to deliver summary reports of network analysis, including security audits, hardware/software patch updates, and network monitoring.
- MCSE and A+ certification a plus.
- Strong organizational skills, responsiveness, and result-oriented.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
To apply: Submit a resume, cover letter, and the contact information for three professional references to BKBPHR@brooklynbp.nyc.gov with the subject line “Information Technology Manager” Submission of an application package does not guarantee that you will receive an interview. Only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.
The City of New York is an inclusive equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and providing a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based upon any legally protected status or protected characteristic, including but not limited to an individual's sex, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or pregnancy. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to apply for a job because of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations from the EEO office at BKBPEEO@brooklynbp.nyc.gov.
New York City residency is required within 90 days of appointment. However, City Employees in certain titles who have worked for the City for two (2) continuous years may also be deemed to be in compliance with the residency requirement, if they reside in Nassau, Suffolk, Putnam, Westchester, Rockland, or Orange County.
As of August 2, 2021, all new hires must be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religion or disability. This requirement must be met by your date of hire unless a reasonable accommodation for exemption is received and approved by the hiring agency.
As a current or prospective employee of the City of New York, you may be eligible for federal loan forgiveness programs and state repayment assistance programs. Please visit the student loan forgiveness site to see if you may be eligible for programs and how to apply at Public Service Loan Forgiveness | Federal Student Aid.
Post Date: June 14, 2022 Post Until: Until Filled JVN #: 012-01