Administrative Services Assistant, Senior - SICCS
Administrative Services Assistant, Senior - SICCS
Location: Engineering - Administration
Job ID: 607400
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
NAU aims to be the nation's preeminent engine of opportunity, vehicle of economic mobility, and driver of social impact by delivering equitable postsecondary value in Arizona and beyond.
This position is a hybrid position which allows the incumbent to complete their work at both an NAU site, campus, or facility and 1 day a week at a non-centralized site with or without accommodation after a positive 3 month review.
The College of Engineering, Informatics, and Applied Sciences (CEIAS) combines interdisciplinary scholarship and technological innovation with distinctive and forward-looking academic programs to support economic and societal vitality and entrepreneurship while preparing students for professional opportunities for the future.
We are currently seeking a full-time Administrative Services Assistants, Senior to support the School of Informatics, Computing and Cyber Systems (SICCS), in its mission through a wide range of advanced office and administrative support. This position will work in tandem with a second Administrative Services Assistant, Senior to ensure all administrative tasks are executed for busy research and teaching active department. Qualified candidates will have specialized functional knowledge to analyze and respond to administrative matters to ensure that each department's needs are being met and that University procedures and policies are being followed. They will also provide excellent customer service to the department they support and students they interact with daily. This position will report to the Director of SICCS and be a key part of both the college and the unit (SICCS) being served.
Operational Support - 65%
- Serves as liaison and coordinates with other departments on campus for building maintenance, space management, upgrades, renovations, and repairs that affect normal building operation.
- Serves as liaison to NAU Police for building security issues and oversees building security.
- Co-manages a team of student workers to staff SICCS front desk in a busy front office setting.
- Maintains building access for occupants of building, including distributing and assigning keys and building entry codes as needed.
- Assists with the coordination of building use including events, activities, and projects that occur within the building.
- Performs regular inventory of equipment for assigned building.
- Assists with the reservation of lecture halls, conference rooms, or other spaces within assigned building.
- Assists with the assessment of building furnishings, fixtures, and equipment for maintenance and/or replacement needs.
- Oversee all time and labor function/policy compliance.
- Co-monitors the mailto:SICCS@nau.edu email account and the SICCS general phone.
- Assist the Associate Director for Undergraduate Programs with schedule of classes data entry and summer faculty teaching appointments (Coursedog).
- Maintains the SICCS website.
Administrative Support - 15%
- Provides logistic support for SICCS events, field trips and meetings in conjunction with full-time and part-time departmental administrative assistants. May include creating and distributing agendas and facilitating zoom meetings.
- Placing catering orders for events and meetings when needed.
- Communicate important information and reminders through department listserv.
- Make purchases with PCard on behalf of department for supplies etc.
- Works with fiscal support staff to create Service Now requests to pay departmental invoices if needed.
Departmental Support - 15%
- Support SICCS faculty and staff search processes including EAO approvals, pulling applications, scheduling interviews, communicating with candidates, and coordinating the on-campus candidates visits.
- Creates and monitors moving reimbursements service tickets for new faculty.
- Assists with escalating and resolving service now purchasing and travel tickets that faculty have placed but are not resolved in a timely fashion.
- Facilitates sponsorship paperwork for faculty and staff hires.
Other - 5%
- Other duties as assigned.
- Requires a high school degree, AND
- 1-3 years of relevant experience required; OR
- Any combination of relevant education and experience may be substituted for the educational requirement on a year-for-year basis.
- Associates or Bachelor's degree in a related field.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Knowledge of standard office policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering and inventory control.
- Develops and maintains good working relationships.
- Proficient in English composition, grammar, spelling and punctuation, and basic math.
- Records maintenance.
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Operates a variety of office machines including personal computers, telephones, and copiers.
- Solves problems.
- Organizational capabilities
- Communicates effectively.
- Provides excellent customer service.
- Gathers data, compiles information, and prepares reports.
- Balances competing priorities.
- Promotes a diverse, inclusive environment.
Northern Arizona University requires satisfactory results for the following: a criminal background investigation, an employment history verification and a degree verification (in some cases) prior to employment. You may also be required to complete a fingerprint background check. Additionally, as an employer in the state of Arizona, NAU is required to participate in the federal E-Verify program that assists employers with verifying new employees' right to work in the United States. Finally, each year Northern Arizona University releases an https://in.nau.edu/police-department/annual-security-and-fire-safety-reports/. The report is a result of a federal law known as the Clery Act. The report includes Clery reportable crime statistics for the three most recent completed calendar years and discloses procedures, practices and programs NAU uses to keep students and employees safe including how to report crimes or other emergencies occurring on campus. In addition, the https://in.nau.edu/police-department/annual-security-and-fire-safety-reports/ is combined with the Annual Security Report for the NAU Flagstaff Mountain Campus as this campus has on-campus student housing. This report discloses fire safety policies and procedures related to on-campus student housing and statistics for fires that occurred in those facilities. If you would like a free paper copy of the report, please contact the NAUPD Records Department at (928) 523-8884 or by visiting the department at 525 E. Pine Knoll Drive in Flagstaff.
Anticipated salary range is $37,584 to $45,023. Annual salary commensurate with candidate's qualifications and related experience.
This position is non-exempt under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA). The incumbent is eligible for overtime pay or compensatory time according to University policy. Further, the employee must submit timesheets that accurately reflect all hours worked.
This is a Classified Staff (CLS) position. NAU offers an excellent benefit package including generous health, dental and vision insurance; participation in the Arizona State Retirement System; paid vacation and 10 holidays per year; and tuition reduction for employees and qualified dependents. More information on benefits at NAU is available on the https://in.nau.edu/Human-Resources/Benefits/. Classified Staff employees are in a probationary status for their first six months at NAU. NAU is a tobacco and smoke-free campus. Employees offered a position will be eligible for state health plans (including NAU's BCBS Plan). New employees arehttps://in.nau.edu/human-resources/eligibility-enrollment/ on the first day of the pay period following their enrollment, after their employment date. Employees will have 31 days from their start date to enroll in benefits. Additionally, new employees will begin participating in the Arizona State Retirement System, and the long-term disability coverage that accompanies it, on the first of the pay period following 6 months after the new employee's start date.
Learning and Development
Your career at Northern Arizona University includes the opportunity for professional development. https://in.nau.edu/Human-Resources/Required/ includes courses to be completed within the first 30 days.
NAU will not provide any U.S. immigration support or sponsorship for this position.
September 5, 2023 at 11:59 p.m.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply" button on this page. You must submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button by midnight of the application deadline. If you need assistance completing your application there are instructions available on the https://in.nau.edu/human-resources/or in person in the Human Resources Department located in Building 91 on the NAU Campus - on the corner of Beaver and DuPont Streets.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the hiring process, please contact the Disability Resources Office at 928-523-8773, http://DR@nau.edu, or PO Box 5633, Flagstaff AZ 86011.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Northern Arizona University is a committed Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. NAU is responsive to the needs of dual career couples.
NAU is an Employer of National Service. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other National Service alumni are encouraged to apply.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/4541176
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.