WEBSPHERE / MQ ADMINISTRATOR Civil Service
FINANCIAL INFO SVCS AGENCY
Job Posting Notice
# of Positions: 1
Job ID: 529069
Business Title: WEBSPHERE / MQ ADMINISTRATOR Civil Service
Title: SENIOR IT ARCHITECT
Title Code No: 95711
Title Classification: Non-Competitive
Proposed Salary Range: $120,000.00 - $130,000.00 (Annual)
Work Location: 5 Manhattan West
Division/Work Unit: OPS/FS/Technical Services
As of August 2, 2021, all new hires must be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religion or disability. If you are offered city employment, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation for exemption is received and approved by the hiring agency.
The Financial Information Services Agency and the Office of Payroll Administration (FISA-OPA) has a vacancy for a WebSphere/MQ Administrator.
Under minimal supervision, work with mid and upper-level management team at FISA as a senior level WebSphere/MQ Administrator, implement manage, and monitor multiple WebSphere environments at FISA/FMS. Job responsibilities will include the following: design and installation of WebSphere Application Server, deploying enterprise applications, installation and configuration of new applications, configuring or modifying application content, proactively monitoring the health of applications, configuring and managing the security of the applications. Job will also entail monitoring, optimizing, tuning and troubleshooting WebSphere applications. The successful candidate will be a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in WebSphere Application Server and its related components. The candidate will be a self-motivated individual that works well in groups and independently with minimal supervision to achieve stated goals and project tasks.
Candidate must have proven knowledge with a minimum of 4-5 years’ experience with WebSphere and specifically with WebSphere versions 8x and 9x running on AIX and RedHat.
- Experience troubleshooting MQ issues related to message driven beans (with and without the use of MQ triggers). Troubleshooting other complex MQ and WebSphere issues related to integration with products like ADVANTAGE, SAP, etc.
- Experience in building and executing disaster recovery of all WebSphere and MQ components. • Experience working with CICS Transaction Gateway.
- Experience supporting MQ and WebSphere on a distributed platform.
Minimum Qual Requirements
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college in computer science, information systems, engineering, mathematics or related field and six years of satisfactory full-time experience related to enterprise architecture, solutions architecture, network architecture and/or IT infrastructure systems; or
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and ten years of satisfactory full-time experience related to enterprise architecture, solutions architecture, network architecture and/or IT infrastructure systems; or
- Education and/or experience which is equivalent to "1" or "2" above.
The candidate must have a high level of motivation in learning new technologies and software products and reviewing these technologies for enhancements to the current middleware environment.
- Installation, configuration of Middleware products on AIX, RedHat and Windows platforms.
- Candidate will have proven performance management skills and demonstrated ability to interact with management to review and triage identified problems.
- Knowledge with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in analyzing and identifying WebSphere application performance issues.
- Knowledge of one or more of the following technologies is highly desirable: Business Objects, BMC Patrol WebSphere KM, Pervasive Data Integrator, ICN, Spectrum Group1, WordPress, and Unix shell scripting.
- Knowledge of WebSphere Horizontal/vertical Clustering, Webseal, and Tivoli Access Manager is preferred. • Basic level understanding of AIX/RedHat/Windows administration including basic shell scripting is required.
- Excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal, and organizational skills are required. Additional Information GroupBox1 P196 The City of New York offers a comprehensive set of benefits and programs to employees, including health insurance, pension plan, Deferred Compensation Plan (with 457, 401K and Roth IRA options), pre-tax Commuter Benefit program, pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts programs and more. Additional benefits such as prescription drug coverage, dental benefits, vision care benefits and more are also available through District Council 37 – Local 2627, the union that represents employees in this title.
External applicants please visit https://a127-jobs.nyc.gov/ to apply to Job ID # 529069. Current NYC employees may apply via Employee Self Service (ESS). While all complete applications will be given consideration, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted by FISA-OPA.
The City of New York is an inclusive equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and providing a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based upon any legally protected status or protected characteristic, including but not limited to an individual's sex, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or pregnancy.
This position is also open to qualified persons with a disability who are eligible for the 55-a Program. Please indicate at the top of your resume and cover letter that you would like to be considered for the position through the 55-a Program.
Monday – Friday, 9am to 5pm.
New York City Residency is not required for this position.
POST UNTIL Until Filled
POSTING DATE 04/15/2022
The City of New York is an Equal Opportunity Employer