Manager of Capital MarketsMEAG Power
The Manager of Capital Markets and Debt Management is responsible for managing all pre and post issuance bond financing activities/responsibilities within the Finance Department under the guidance of the Director of Finance. As such, the Manager oversees the interactions between various internal and external stakeholders and activities related to the financial, banking and capital markets affecting the organization, including management of the debt portfolio and helping to oversee the investment of bond proceeds. In addition, the Manager leads a team of at least two direct reports in helping the organization safeguard its assets, ensuring adequate working capital while adhering to all the internal and external compliance and regulatory issues. While supervisory experience would be preferred, individuals who can demonstrate the ability to accomplish work objectives through the management of others and handle financial projects concurrently, including producing various financial reports and/or analyses, under tight deadlines, would be acceptable.
1. Manage the accounting, reporting and maintenance of the long- and short-term Debt Portfolio, including monitoring refinancing and/or restructuring opportunities.
2. Manage bond and/or bank financing processes, including monitoring, analysis, structuring, issuance, ongoing disclosure and market stakeholder outreach, arbitrage rebate compliance, etc.
3. Manage data preparation and analysis for the Annual Budget and Projected Operating Results report.
4. Manage data preparation for the Annual Report, Comprehensive Engineering Report, Annual Information Statement and Asset/Liability Committee (ALCO) reports.
5. Direct the reconciliation, booking and reporting of the Investment Portfolio activity.
6. Supervise the Working Capital test reconciliations and reporting.
7. Provide ongoing Participant credit monitoring and reporting.
8. Direct the investigation, analysis and reporting process during internal and external audits.
9. Develop and maintain fiscal and operational processes, procedures and controls.
10. Manage the production of Debt and Swap portions of the ALCO Report to the Asset/Liability Committee.
11. Review trade tickets completed by Treasury for completeness and compliance with current ALCO Policy.
12. Provide in house debt structuring and financial analysis training in DBC and Excel.
13. Organize responses to requests for financial data from Participants and other external parties.
14. Perform other duties and Special Projects as required by the Director of Finance or SVP & CFO.
- High degree of quantitative and analytical financial capability and attention to detail
- Comfortable with complex financial and legal concepts/covenants and modeling them in Excel and/or comparable software
- Must be able deal with ambiguity, identify key factors and reach supportable conclusion
- Ability to identify and creatively resolve problems with minimal supervision
- Expert in Excel and/or DBC and be able train personal to be proficient in the use of such tools
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or Mathematics
- 7-10 years of experience that includes a history of demonstrating a progression in responsibilities
- 3-5 years leadership and/or supervisory experience required to perform position's complete responsibilities
- A graduate degree, CPA, CFA and/or management experience is preferred but not required
- Experience in municipal financial analysis, accounting, investments, derivatives, financial markets and/or debt instruments and structures is preferred
- Knowledge of Bloomberg, Integrity, Great Plains and other industry standard software, as well as GASB and FASB, is beneficial
Number of Reports Direct: 2