Financial Analyst / Senior Financial AnalystMEAG Power
The Financial Analyst / Senior Financial Analyst will be engaged throughout the Finance Department in areas including fixed income securities, investments, banking, hedging, and cash flow forecasting. The incumbent will also support the Manager of Financial Planning and Analysis with special projects, including financial reporting, finance committee presentations and other projects as needed. The Analyst will also be responsible for the creation and maintenance of Excel based models of complex financing arrangements. This position requires the ability to research, model and analyze various financial issues promptly and accurately. The ideal candidate will be an expert in Excel (including VBA) and proficient in other industry standard software including DBC. The candidate should be able to perform tasks under tight deadlines and without advance notice.
Key Responsibilities/Accountabilities: The scope and duties of this position may change or be temporarily altered based on the business needs of MEAG Power.
1. Lead the design, creation, implementation and ongoing updates of complex project finance models in Excel.
2. Act as primary liaison between Finance Analytics Team and IT Team regarding significant departmental projects.
3. Update and maintain the budget to actual variance analysis regarding outstanding securities and interest costs.
4. Monitor, report, and provide valuation information regarding the Swap portfolio.
5. Support preparation of financial presentations for management review, cost/status reporting and decision making.
6. Generate reports, graphs and charts as requested using Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point and/or other financial applications.
7. Assist with public market debt financings and budget updates.
8. Perform other duties and special projects as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance with 3-7 years of related experience demonstrating a progression in responsibilities.
- Strong knowledge of Accounting and Finance concepts required.
- CPA/CFA designation and/or an advanced degree are preferred.
- Strong written and verbal skills required.
- Maturity/judgment to work with confidential information.
- Ability to manage tasks to meet required deadlines.
- Ability to adjust and make decisions under time constraints.
The ideal candidate would possess an understanding of accounting principles, fixed-income investments, and strong Excel modeling skills. Experience with systems including Great Plains, DBC Finance, Integra-T, or a similar treasury workstation is preferred. Extensive experience working with Excel is required.