Local Sales ConsultantMcClatchy
McClatchy is seeking a Local Sales Consultant to join our State Media sales team in Columbia, SC. This position will assist local clients successfully market their business through traditional media and cutting edge digital products. The successful candidate will identify opportunities, create solution based marketing proposals and close business.
- Drive growth in existing accounts and new leads.
- Determine up-sell opportunities with existing client base
- Identify and capture new business revenue through a consultative sales approach
- Secure long term business while building solid relationships
- Research and provide industry, competitive and marketing insights to clients
- Create marketing proposals with emphasis on digital solutions
- Manage relationships by reporting campaign results to ensure client satisfaction
- Identify follow-up opportunities for up-sell and cross-sell
- High digital acumen
- Effective at connecting digital solutions to ROI
- Embrace a “hunter” sales mentality
- Polished, professional delivery of strategic multimedia solutions
- Ability to understand a client’s needs to provide ROI and impactful results
- Ability to convert prospects through storytelling.
- Have understanding of local market and competitive landscape
- Excellent networking, presentation and communications skills
- Driven, sales oriented, self motivated, and persistent
- 2+ years in sales/marketing
- College degree required.
- Strong customer service skills with the ability to build relationships.
- Understanding of basic marketing concepts.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
- Must have access to a dependable vehicle and valid driver's license.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of post-offer drug and background screenings. We offer a competitive salary, along with a benefits package including: Medical, Dental, Vision, life, critical care, accident and pet insurance, identify theft coverage, LiveWell programs, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, vacation, sick leave, paid company holidays and on-site gym.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer