Business Development Consultant - SCMcClatchy
Great opportunity for a Business Development Consultant at Excelerate Digital, McClatchy’s national digital marketing agency. This position is located in South Carolina.
The Business Development Consultant is an important role in driving digital revenue for large local and regional accounts. This individual is a highly skilled hunter who will focus on developing and executing initiatives for client acquisition and revenue generating activity across our fast-growing digital business. The Business Development Consultant will work with clients/brands to develop strategic digital and content partnerships to drive revenue. This position assists in the development and execution of all digital advertising strategies, along with new product and market development to grow revenue and market share. The ideal individual will have in-depth digital services and product knowledge, as well as a proven track record in digital sales and exceeding customer expectations.
This is a multi-state regional sales position with unlimited boundaries and uncapped earning potential.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Build a plan to manage your desk to exceed digital revenue goals
- Independent prospecting of digital opportunities that will drive new revenue streams and new customers
- Develop and maintain a full funnel of prospects and properly track prospects through the funnel using internal tools
- Conduct a professional client impact analysis that will lead to a results-driven proposal
- Strategize with your Client Success Strategist to develop custom solutions that meet client needs
- Professionally present custom proposals and solutions
- Communicate the ROI of the solution and educate the client on the solution, as needed
- Actively manage relationship by reporting campaign results to ensure client satisfaction and identify follow-up opportunities for up-sell and cross-sell
- Collaborate and work effectively with the internal and external customers
- Work closely with Client Success (sales support) team on the implementation and execution of digital campaigns
- Understand, assess, and develop plans for digital growth of our digital solutions within assigned geography
- Target and build relationships with potential clients within local markets
- Ability to identify prospects and capture new business revenue
- Understands each client and their unique business needs in order to provide ROI-impactful solutions
- Act as key client advocate and liaison
- Must be research/data driven
- Must demonstrate a high degree of accountability and results orientation
- Ability to demonstrate critical thinking skills and high levels of emotional intelligence
- Ability to quickly adapt to an ever-changing digital landscape
- Interpret client needs to the group and manage execution of those needs. Should be able to initiate and define interactive projects internally
- Works with client to define objectives and parameters of new digital projects. Sells need for a project to client when required.
- Exhibits technical competency (Salesforce, Google Docs, etc)
- Deep understanding of digital media and an overall digital mindset
- Researches and provides insights to the clients
- Understanding of local market space and competitive landscape
- Attends local networking events to become clear media leader
- Work effectively within a team-oriented and collaborative environment
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Experience: 3-4 years prior digital media experience required; digital sales experience preferred.
- Skills: This person must be highly organized, with charismatic and varied communication style. Familiar with both online and offline work. Juggles priorities with boundaries on behalf of both the agency and client. Communicates skillfully. Appreciates creative and design aesthetics.
- Ability to travel during the day throughout the territory (South Carolina)
What you bring to the table:
- 3-4 years prior digital media account management experience
- Must be highly organized, with charismatic and varied communication style. Familiar with both online and offline work. Juggles priorities with boundaries on behalf of both the agency and client. Communicates skillfully. Appreciates creative and design aesthetics.
- Ability to travel daily throughout the territory (South Carolina)
- Reliable transportation
- Valid driver’s license and required insurance.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree
- Digital agency experience
The fulltime position includes a competitive salary, commission program, and a comprehensive benefits package, including 401(k) match.