Advertising Sales - Media Sales - TS
McClatchy is seeking a driven sales person to join our forward thinking B2B Advertising Sales Team! The ideal candidate for this outside sales position is local to the communities that The State serves. However, we may be open to the position being located in other areas within South Carolina.
The State is a daily newspaper published in Columbia, South Carolina and is owned by The McClatchy Company. The logo incorporates the state tree, the Palmetto, chosen when the company was founded, as a symbol of the commitment to the state of South Carolina. That commitment is upheld by The State’s determined news coverage across multiple delivery platforms that reach a broad audience. The newspaper’s strength is its outstanding journalism covering local news, state, and local politics and an expanded focus on the University of South Carolina athletics.
Click here to learn a little about us: http://bit.ly/This_Is_McClatchy
Our Advertising Sales professionals are Marketing Consultants who drive multi-media sales revenue from local accounts, following a defined sales process. Successful Marketing Consultants strive to understand a customer's needs and craft customized solutions for them, often with a focus on digital marketing. Marketing Consultants understand our unique set of solutions and can drive results for their customers, resulting in successful marketing campaigns.
- Retain and grow current account base
- Prospect and acquire New Business utilizing the Core 4+ Sales Process
- Conduct deep-dive Client Impact Assessments (needs analysis)
- Develop Results-Based Solutions
- Present and close proposals
- Work with client success team to ensure client goals/expectations are met
- Meet KPIs established by leadership
- Utilize a CRM as a predictive and collaborative tool
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required.
- 1-3 years of experience in sales (specifically media sales, preferred, but not required).
- The ideal candidate will have proven track record of surpassing sales goals and the ability to manage a geographic territory.
- Ability to multi-task and thrive in a highly collaborative environment.
- Self-motivated with strong work ethics.
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills as well as provide excellent customer service.
- Must have a valid driver's license
Competitive salary, commission program, and a comprehensive benefits package, including 401(k) match.