Plant Wastewater Technician
readySC in cooperation with
Midlands Technical College
is assisting with the recruitment and training for
Mark Anthony Brewing Inc.
Potential Employment Opportunities Exist for:
Plant Wastewater Technician
Mark Anthony Brewing is hiring a Plant Wastewater Technician to operate, monitor, maintain and repair utility systems and equipment in our a brand new, large-scale, state-of-the-art brewing facility. This is a great opportunity for a candidate with a maintenance/mechanic background.
- Operate the biological aerobic waste treatment plant and associated equipment and processes.
- Analyze data from controls, mechanical, electrical, chemical and biological systems and initiate change to ensure continuous, cost effective treatment within equipment requirements as well as state discharge permit limits.
- Perform routine preventative, corrective and autonomous maintenance and repair of associated equipment.
- Perform basic laboratory tests, as needed.
- Initiate corrective actions or alternative methods and procedures to continue operations if outages, repairs, breakdowns or a large spill or dump into the wastewater plant occur.
- Partner and engage with Production, Quality, EH&S, Engineering, Maintenance, State and local authorities, independent laboratories, chemical and parts suppliers, and contractors.
- Assist Utility Technicians when necessary to help the department achieve goals.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Associate degree in Wastewater Treatment Operations (or related field) OR certification or training from an accredited technical program preferred.
- At least 2 years of relevant laboratory or operation work experience working at a wastewater treatment plant.
- Possess general knowledge of hand and power tools.
- Ability to successfully pass a criminal background screen and drug test for admittance to jobsite.
- Physical / Chemical Wastewater Treatment - Class B License
- Knowledge of OSHA safety regulations and PPE procedures.
- South Carolina ADEQ wastewater operator certification
- Solution oriented with the ability to display critical and efficient decision-making capabilities that drive root cause/corrective action while ensuring all measurables are achieved consistently.
- Reliable and punctual - must adhere to attendance and absenteeism policy.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and prioritize work while multitasking.
- Ability to provide and receive open and regular feedback and adjust accordingly.
- Works collaboratively within various teams.
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency.
- Have strong written and oral communication skills.
- Have good knowledge of mechanics, electrical systems, controls systems, mechanical maintenance, cryogenics, and safety procedures.
Mark Anthony Brewing, Inc. - Plant Wastewater Technician
COMPANY: Mark Anthony Brewing, Inc.
DATE OPENED: 9/08/2021
FILING DEADLINE: 12/31/2021
LOCATION: Columbia, SC