Plant Utility Technician
readySC in cooperation with
Midlands Technical College
is assisting with the recruitment and training for
Mark Anthony Brewing Inc.
Potential Employment Opportunities Exist for:
Plant Utility Technician
Mark Anthony Brewing is hiring a Plant Utility Technician to operate, monitor, maintain and repair utility systems and equipment in our a brand new, large-scale, state-of-the-art brewing facility. This is a great opportunity for a candidate with a maintenance/mechanic background.
- Operating, maintaining and repairing steam generating boilers, glycol chiller systems, the centralized water treatment and distribution system; and the wastewater treatment plant.
- Operating the biological aerobic waste treatment plant and associated equipment and processes.
- Analyzing data from controls, mechanical, electrical, chemical and biological systems and initiating change to ensure continuous, cost effective treatment within equipment requirements as well as state discharge permit limits.
- Performing routine preventative, corrective and autonomous maintenance and repair of associated equipment.
- Conducting routine as well and non-routine analysis of the waste stream and other utility systems, like boiler chemicals, well water quality and filtration equipment.
- Performing basic laboratory tests, as needed. Initiating corrective actions or alternative methods and procedures to continue operations if outages, repairs, breakdowns or a large spill or dump into the wastewater plant occur.
- Partnering and engaging with Production, Quality, EH&S, Engineering, Maintenance, State and local authorities, independent laboratories, chemical and parts suppliers, and contractors.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience, working on chillers/boilers.
- Possess general knowledge of hand and power tools.
- Ability to successfully pass a criminal background screen and drug test for admittance to jobsite.
- All candidates must be at least 21 years of age.
- Associate degree in Industrial Engineering, Wastewater Treatment Operations (or a related field) OR certification or training from an accredited technical program preferred.
- For these additional experiences and qualifications, we are willing to train. If you have any of these experiences or qualifications, it's a plus!
- Two years of laboratory and or operational experience in an aerobic and/or anaerobic wastewater treatment plant is preferred, preferably a brewery or an industrial environment relevant to production operation.
- Knowledge of OSHA safety regulations and PPE procedures.
- South Carolina ADEQ wastewater operator certification.
- Boiler operations experience or certification.
- EPA 609 certification, Universal Refrigeration License, and/or HVAC license is preferred.
Mark Anthony Brewing, Inc. - Plant Utility Technician
COMPANY: Mark Anthony Brewing, Inc.
DATE OPENED: 3/24/2021
FILING DEADLINE: Ongoing
LOCATION: Columbia, SC