Construction Procurement Specialist
Construction Procurement Specialist
Preconstruction · Willmar, Minnesota
The Marcus Mindset
At Marcus Construction, our employees drive the success of our business. Our team effort is what makes us successful and together, we focus on excellence, safety, quality and improvement. We believe that to be the best, it’s crucial we work together to find the best solutions, to deliver the highest value and service to our clients with a sense of safety and urgency. We hold each other accountable for the quality of our work and the results we achieve. We believe in treating each other and our customers with respect and we believe in building long-term, strategic relationships with our customers. We believe in taking care of our assets especially our most important one – our employees. We encourage our employees to take initiative and be a difference maker not only at work but also in our community.
Marcus Construction believes in recognizing our talented and dedicated employees who go above and beyond our expectations to serve our customers, solve problems and continually improve our business. Our total rewards program includes:
- Group Medical Plans
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Savings Account
- Paid Time Off and Holiday Pay
- 401k with Company Match
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Service Awards
- Team Building Events
- Purchase the highest quality materials at the lowest responsible cost in correct amounts per specifications and drawings
- Confer with staff, users, and vendors to discuss defective or unacceptable goods or service and determine corrective action
- Leverage vendors/subcontractors across multiple procurements to create cost savings to projects
- Research and evaluate suppliers based on price, quality, selection, service, support, availability, reliability, and the supplier’s reputation and history
- Monitor shipments to ensure goods come in on time and resolve problems related to undelivered goods
- Facilitate the metal fabrication process from procurement of parts through fabrication and delivery to the job site to ensure priorities are met.
- Prepare/issue Request for Proposals (RFP’s) and evaluate vendor/subcontractor proposals to identify vendors/subcontractors who meet project constraints of budget and schedule at the estimating, execution and site purchasing levels
- Locate and assist in the evaluation and qualification of vendor materials and equipment, subcontractors, and professional service providers.
- Maintain records of all contractual documentation
- Provide feedback to assist in analyzing market and delivery systems to assess present and future material availability.
- Resolve vendor or contractor grievances and claims.
- Write and review supplier or subcontractor contracts and claims for conformance to company policy.
- Oversee administration of online purchasing and contract management systems.
- Communicate and enforce procurement policies & procedures to project team.
- Provide training to ensure policies and procedures are followed.
- Responsible for projections, financial planning, expediting, delivery schedules and project procurement reporting.
- Oversee the development and review of all procurement analytics, reporting and deliverables.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of commercial/industrial construction process (RFIs, submittals, change orders, etc.)
- Strong organization, judgment, and attention to detail.
- Well versed in the construction management process: pre-construction; construction and close out.
- Experience with ProCore, ProEst and SAGE 100 software a plus.
The Construction Procurement Specialist purchases goods and services according to company policies and procedures. S/he evaluates vendors based on price, reliability, capability, and previous transaction history, works with vendors to negotiate volume and cash transaction discounts, and other available discounts and ensures that purchasing documents are complete and accurate and include appropriate and reasonable terms and conditions and maintains pricing histories and other vendor records.
Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management or related field highly preferred.
Minimum of two (2) years purchasing experience in the commercial/industrial construction industry required.
Physical Demands/Working Environment: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the Construction Procurement Specialist position to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. Occasional exposure to marked changes in temperature or humidity and the extremes thereof and moderate noise levels.
Successful completion of pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and background check required.