Business Services RepresentativeLower Savannah Council of Governments
The Workforce Development Business Services Representative is responsible for marketing business services throughout the Lower Savannah Workforce Development Area (LSWDA); which includes Aiken, Allendale, Bamberg, Barnwell, Calhoun and Orangeburg Counties. The marketing shall include the entirety of the business community, as well as, all S. C. Works Centers located within the region.
- Assistance to WIOA Adult, Dislocated Worker, and Youth unemployed workers, and under-employed workers through marketing of skills or providing training to meet skill levels for businesses and industries within the
- Marketing Business Services opportunities and providing technical assistance to the business community throughout the LSWDA.
- Distribution of On-the-Job Training (OJT) information, scheduling of OJT workshops, hiring events and job fairs, and coordination with case managers in placement of workers or development of apprenticeships.
- Creation and maintenance of Work-Based Learning (WBL) sites/relationships and activities throughout the LSWDA, with a focus on Youth Services.
- Coordinate receipt and posting of "Hot Jobs"/Job Fairs/other employment related functions via electronic media (i.e. Facebook, LSWDA webpage, etc.).
- Distribution of Incumbent Worker Training (IWT) information and reviewing applications for services to make funding recommendations to the Workforce Development Administrator.
- Coordinate quarterly, bi-annual and/or annual Business Services meetings with partner agencies, employers and businesses
- Facilitate Rapid Response events throughout the region as the primary Workforce Division representative.
- Maintenance and quality record-keeping of business services documentation to include but not limited to WBL opportunities, contracts, and other documentation as appropriate.
- Recommendation of contracts for business services to the Workforce Development Administrator.
- Conduct WorkKeys Testing/Job Profiling, as appropriate.
- Assisting in certification activities of the labor force for business and
- Providing staff input for the SC Works Certification process relative to Business
- Providing other duties as assigned by the Workforce Development Administrator, Executive Director or Assistant Executive
Bachelors' Degree in Business or Public Administration with a concentration in Community and Economic Development, Human Resource Management, etc. and two years of progressively responsible experience in workforce development contracting, grants management or monitoring; or Associates Degree in any one of the above disciplines and four years of progressively responsible experience in workforce development contracting, grants management or monitoring; or any equivalent combination of the education and experience listed above.
*Successful candidate must pass a background check