Business Services Representative
The Workforce Development Business Services Representative is responsible for marketing business services to Job-seekers and employers throughout the Lower Savannah Workforce Development Area (LSWDA); which includes Aiken, Allendale, Bamberg, Barnwell, Calhoun and Orangeburg Counties. This position is a 2-year temporary position.
- Provide assistance to WIOA eligible persons, unemployed, and under-employed workers through marketing of skills or providing training to meet skill levels for businesses and industries within the region.
- Coordinate team activities with regard to daily operation of services aboard the “SC Works Lower Savannah” (The LSWDA Mobile One-stop).
- Facilitate Rapid Response events throughout the region as a primary member of the Business Services team through coordinated deployment of the Mobile One-stop.
- Marketing Business Services opportunities and providing technical assistance to the business community throughout the LSWDA.
- Distribution of On-the-Job Training (OJT) information, scheduling of OJT workshops, hiring events and job fairs, and coordination with case managers in placement of workers or development of apprenticeships.
- Creation and maintenance of Work-Based Learning (WBL) sites/relationships and activities throughout the LSWDA, with a focus on Dislocated Workers.
- Coordinate receipt and posting of “Hot Jobs”/Job Fairs/other employment related functions via electronic media (i.e. Facebook, LSWDA webpage, etc.).
- Coordinate quarterly, bi-annual and/or annual Business Services meetings with partner agencies, employers and businesses
- Maintenance and quality record-keeping of business services documentation to include but not limited to WBL opportunities, contracts, and other documentation as appropriate.
- Recommendation of contracts for business services to the Workforce Development Administrator.
- Conduct WIN Testing/Job Profiling, as appropriate.
- Assisting in certification activities of the labor force for business and industry.
- Providing staff input for the SC Works Certification process relative to WIOA Business Services.
- Providing other duties as assigned by the Business Services Manager, Workforce Development Administrator, Executive Director or Assistant Executive Director.
Bachelors' Degree in Business or Public Administration with a concentration in Community and Economic Development, Human Resource Management, etc. and two years of progressively responsible experience in workforce development contracting, grants management or monitoring; or Associates Degree in any one of the above disciplines and four years of progressively responsible experience in workforce development contracting, grants management or monitoring; or any equivalent combination of the education and experience listed above.
***Successful candidate must pass a Background Check.