LiftOne - Service Technician
OPEN INTERVIEW DAY
Our Technicians are the backbone of our company, providing the highest levels of service and support to our customers. And with our Columbia SC market continuing to grow, we are excited to hold open interviews in our Columbia branch on Wednesday, July 11th, from 11:30 am to 6:30 pm.
LiftOne has one of the most competitive benefits packages in our industry, including Tool Allowances, extensive training and certifications, etc.
Stop by our Columbia SC branch, located at 1049 Second Ave, Columbia SC 29209 at a time most convenient for you.Contact Britney Ross @ firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Under the direct supervision of the Shop or Service Manager the Technician is responsible for performing periodic maintenance, repair, replacement and limited troubleshooting on various models of Hyster and competitive material handling equipment. Must be proficient in completing all required paperwork needed to perform all job requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Able to read and understand electrical and hydraulic system schematics
- Able to repair, or replace major system components, including circuit boards and other electrical parts, hydraulic, mechanical, L.P. systems, power steering and transmissions, engines with limited supervision.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose most truck components
- Perform engine tune-ups on most makes of equipment without supervision
- Perform proper PM’s in a timely manner
- Be able to troubleshoot and diagnose most complex electrical systems on IC and electric trucks
- Be able to use all special tools properly. Maintain and properly use the normal tools of the trade.
- Operate service van in a clean, safe and secure manner following all required safety rules for the job
- Assist with training/mentoring apprentice mechanics through on-the-job training.
- Follows all safety procedures in performing work as well as company policies
- Demonstrates exceptional customer service skills
- Properly identify and order all necessary replacement parts
- Driving is an essential function of this position and a valid current driver’s license must be maintained at all times.
- See Education Section for specific courses/skills required.
- Perform other duties as required per management
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- High school diploma, G.E.D. or tech school graduate preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to repair equipment per skill level. For new hires a minimum of two years of experience in repair and maintenance on material handling equipment
- Basic Computer knowledge including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
Job Location: Columbia, SC
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.