Director of Voter Registration and Elections
DUTIES AND JOB DESCRIPTION
The duties of the position of director of Lexington County Registrations and Elections are to ensure a fair and complete elections’ process for the citizens of Lexington County.
The director must be able to perform the following duties:
- Foster a positive working environment and supervise small staff;
- Manage daily office operations, which include monitoring budget, informing elections board members, county administrators and county council;
- Train staff, precinct workers and public on election equipment and procedures;
- Oversee election procedures to include election machine operations, elections and voter registration;
- Act as media and public liaison on voting matters;
- Monitor and implement local, state and federal election mandates;
- Monitor elected districts and elector assignments; and
- Maintain consistent communication with elections board.
ANNUAL SALARY: $49,545-$54,499.50 DOQ
MINIMUM TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, public administration, management or related field, or;
- Equivalent combination of education and experience, supplemented by three to five years administrative and supervisory experience;
- Experience managing elections operations and working knowledge and experience in the elections and voter registrations’ processes;
- Knowledge of State and Federal election laws
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, and skilled in accurate typing and data entry;
- Must possess valid South Carolina driver’s license; be a registered voter; and
- Must be able to obtain state certification within 18 months of hire.
For more information, and to apply, visit our web site at www.lex-co.com, “click” Human Resources, scroll down to “County Job Listings.”