Material HandlerKuehne + Nagel, Inc.
readySC™ In Cooperation with Trident Technical College
is assisting with the recruitment and training for potential employment opportunities exist for:
With over 76,000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world’s leading logistics companies. Its strong market position lies in the seafreight, airfreight, contract logistics and overland businesses, with a clear focus on providing IT-based integrated logistics solutions.
This is a cross-functional role within Logistics including but not limited to receiving, sorting, put away, picking, sequencing, delivery to the production areas, and other various duties as assigned to ensure the full and efficient operation of the logistics function. May be required to use basic hand and power tools and material handling equipment.
Tasks and responsibilities:
• Move product manually as required
• Verify and receive materials into inventory
• Move and store materials within the warehouse
• Pick, sequence, and deliver production orders according to operational standard practice
• Adhere to Kuehne + Nagel’s Quality, Safety, Health and Environment Program policies and procedures.
• Demonstrates active commitment to quality and continuous improvement.
• Attain basic familiarity with facility practices.
• Attend and complete all required training courses according to the position training matrix as well as any necessary certifications.
• Read and comprehend written documents such as work instructions, job aids, forms, and apply these to the respective logistics area.
• Perform other job duties as needed
Skills and experience
• High School Education or Equivalent
• Experience in warehouse or manufacturing environment of one (1) year or one (1) year forklift experience required or Lean Manufacturing Certificate
• Must be detail oriented, thorough and accurate
• Ability to efficiently solve problems
• Ability to establish priorities and accomplish multiple tasks with minimal supervision
• Must be organized
• Demonstrated attention to detail
• Ability to lift to a maximum of 50 pounds
• Ability to stand, bend, and lift for extended amounts of time
• Must be able to wear safety shoes (as specified) while at work
• Ability to interact within a team environment
• Proven basic math skills at the high school level
• Basic computer skills
Training will be at no charge to trainees. Successful completion of the training program carries no obligation to accept any offer of employment, nor is an offer guaranteed.
***An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/H/V***