Precision Mechanical Maintenance Scholarships
MIDLANDS TECHNICAL COLLEGE
Eastover Mill will be awarding scholarships covering 100% of tuition and class materials. Scholarships will be awarded in August with classes beginning September 2020. This is a one-year program. Graduates will receive a certificate in Precision Mechanical Maintenance.
COURSE LIST: https://www.midlandstech.edu/programs-and-courses/advanced-manufacturing-and-skilled-
Scholarships include the option of a paid part-time mechanical maintenance internship at Eastover Mill while enrolled through the Midlands Technical College program; paid at $21.73 per hour.
International Paper has a legacy of over 120 years as a successful forest products company. Core businesses are paper and packaging with 53,000 team members internationally. International Paper’s Eastover, SC Mill is a world-class manufacturing facility offering scholarships for a new, one-year long, Precision Mechanical Maintenance program at Midlands Technical College. We are looking for dependable women and men with excellent problem-solving, communication and teamwork skills to complete the new program and become eligible for an entry-level Mechanical Maintenance Technician position at the Eastover Mill.
Our company offers a great work environment, competitive salaries, and excellent benefits including health care, life insurance, disability income, gainsharing, holidays, vacation, 401k and retiree savings. The entry-level base pay for Mechanical Maintenance Technician positions is low 40’s to upper 50’s with opportunity to progress to the 80’s or more in the future. Overtime and gainsharing will provide opportunity for significant additional earnings.
If you meet our qualifications and are interested in pursuing a career in the mechanical maintenance field, we encourage you to apply. Scholarship qualifications and the application process are below:
- High school diploma or GED
- Mechanical aptitude and strong interest to work with mechanical equipment
- Willingness to be trained and to perform as a multi-craft Mechanical Maintenance Technician
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal and team skills
- Pass a company interview and test
- Willingness to work some nights and weekends
- Action oriented and drive for results
- Customer focused
- Maintain an 80% cumulative average in the program coursework
- Relevant work experience in process industrial maintenance is preferred
TO APPLY YOU WILL NEED THE FOLLOWING:
To be considered, applicants must complete all of the following steps listed below no later than July 16, 2020
1 st , send an email, which includes all of the following:
- A resume indicating your interest in the IP/Midlands Tech Scholarship
- A three hundred (300) word essay on “Why Continuing My Education in This Career Field is Important to Me and How This Scholarship Will Benefit Me”
- Two letters of recommendation
Your email with application materials must be received no later than Thursday July 16, 2020
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Vets and Disabled