Florida International University is recognized as a Carnegie engaged university. It is a public research university with colleges and schools that offers more than 180 bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral programs in fields such as engineering, international relations, architecture, law and medicine. As one of South Florida’s anchor institutions, FIU contributes $9.8 billion each year to the local economy. FIU is Worlds Ahead in finding solutions to the most challenging problems of our time. FIU emphasizes research as a major component of its mission. FIU has awarded over 200,000 degrees and enrolls more than 54,000 students in two campuses and three centers including FIU Downtown on Brickell, FIU @ I-75, and the Miami Beach Urban Studios. FIU also supports artistic and cultural engagement through its three museums: the Patricia & Phillip Frost Art Museum, the Wolfsonian-FIU, and the Jewish Museum of Florida-FIU. FIU is a member of Conference USA and has over 400 student-athletes participating in 18 sports. For more information about FIU, visit http://www.fiu.edu/.
The Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine is currently seeking a Program Coordinator to join our team of professionals.
- Collaborates with the leadership team to plan the curriculum, create syllabus and content for assigned courses, and ensure delivery of the courses for the curriculum.
- Prepares final grades for submission to the Course Director. Ensures submission of grades and narrative comments are in an accurate and timely manner and the performance reports are prepared and submitted to the Course faculty.
- Coordinates remediation plans with Course Director which includes preparing, scheduling and proctoring the assessment and provides reports to the Medical School Promotions and Evaluations Committee in regards to student academic progress. Handles sensitive matters that require confidentiality.
- Ensures course materials align with educational program objectives of the Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine (HWCOM) curriculum. Reports gaps and redundancies in the courses, inputs course topics and sessions, and tags keywords and maintains the database for curriculum mapping using E*Value for the HWCOM curriculum.
- Analyzes and reports any modification or deletion of class time, topics, and so forth of all courses in the medical curriculum. Analyzes and schedules the room assignments of classroom, labs and small group discussions.
- Collaborates with course directors, co-course directors, and participating faculty in coordinating, creating and administering assessments, case- based discussions, presentations, and other curricular activities using software such as Articulate, NBME, QuizMaker, TurningPoint, and others.
- Provides support to the team with additional courses as needed.
- Performs other related duties are required or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information or to apply, please visit us on-line at http://careers.fiu.edu and reference job opening ID JOB ID: 527077. Qualified applicants must submit a letter of interest accompanying their curriculum vitae with names and addresses of three professional references.
FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.