Clinical Therapist III
Clinical Therapist III
Florida International University is a top public university that drives real talent and innovation in Miami and globally. Very high research (R1) activity and high social mobility come together at FIU to uplift and accelerate learner success in a global city by focusing in the areas of environment, health, innovation, and justice. Today, FIU has two campuses and multiple centers. FIU serves a diverse student body of more than 56,000 and 290,000 Panther alumni. U.S. News and World Report places dozens of FIU programs among the best in the nation, including international business at No. 2. Washington Monthly Magazine ranks FIU among the top 20 public universities contributing to the public good.
The Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine is currently seeking a Clinical Therapist III to join our team of professionals.
- Performs Behavioral Health (BH) screenings on new patients, clinical intake assessments, develop treatment plans, monitors progress, and performs case reviews. Consults with clinical staff regarding participation and progress of caseload, and provides direct treatment to patients in the caseload, including group and individual therapy.
- Tracks patients who are interested in attending therapy as well as makes follow-up phone calls to identified patients about social and other issues. Take patient calls that need immediate attention to ensure continuity of care and facilitate coverage of patient care among members of the clinical practice.
- Drafts documents and/or letters for patients as requested by physicians.
- Provides guidance and/or training with Athena One as needed.
- Works closely with treatment team, develop aftercare plans for patients. Provide crisis intervention, including suicide assessments, brief intensive counseling, and referrals. Complies with Medical Records/Documentation within 48hrs of visit and other applicable standards.
- Participates in evaluations and quality assessments and improvements. Responsible for the content of education and counseling programs for both individual patients or groups of patients and serves as liaison to community, individuals, and groups as appropriate.
- Conducts report writing on monthly/quarterly or as needed basis. Complies with all Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services prospective payment systems. Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations standards and other applicable standards.
- Coordinates with clinical, health education, community health and other staff members in the provision of services to patients. Provides referrals to link patients with outside agencies and coordinates with other organizational entities involved in psychosocial and mental health services. Calls agencies for safety checks or abuse reports (ie. Henderson Mobile Crisis, police safety checks, Florida Abuse Hotline).
- May travel between campuses, affiliated sites and households as needed. Works with and/or resides with minors and/or vulnerable persons within their role in the NeighborhoodHELP program.
- Maintains an awareness of the fiscal implications of services rendered, as well as current billing and coding requirements ensuring the closure of patient encounters by the end of each work session which includes medical record documentation.
- Participates in all third-party payer and managed care contracts as determined by FIU. Utilize standard medical record and administrative templates and utilize the electronic medical record once implemented.
- Provides in-service presentations to staff as needed or required. Provide community service information as an outreach worker such as required. Conduct health related educational presentations to both adults and teens in school and clinical settings. May participate in educational training and supervision for Florida International University students.
- Collaborates with the Florida International University (FIU)
- NeighborhoodHELP program faculty and staff to educate regarding behavioral health issues and develop and implement innovative interventions. Performs household-based interventions along with NeighborhoodHELP team.
- Performs other duties as assigned or directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related.
Master's degree in Social Work or related mental health provider discipline and five (5) years of appropriate experience.
Mental Health License - Florida includes:
Licensed Clinical Social Worker or
Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist or
Licensed Mental Health Counselor
Licensed Clinical Social Worker
Experience working in a Behavioral Health/Mental Health clinical setting
Cognitive Behavioral therapy certification highly recommended.
To apply, please visit us on-line at https://hr.fiu.edu/careers/, click on “Prospective Employees” or “Current Employees” and search for job opening ID 530490.
FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access, Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.