Clinical IT Field Analyst III
Florida International University is Miami’s public research university, focused on student success. According to U.S. News and World Report, FIU has 42 top-50 rankings in the nation among public universities. FIU is a top U.S. research university (R1), with more than $200 million in annual expenditures. FIU ranks 15th in the nation among public universities for patent production, which drives innovation, and is one of the institutions that helps make Florida the top state for higher education. The Next Horizon fundraising campaign is furthering FIU’s commitment to providing students Worlds Ahead opportunities. Today, FIU has two campuses and multiple centers, and supports artistic and cultural engagement through its three museums: Patricia & Phillip Frost Art Museum, the Wolfsonian-FIU, and the Jewish Museum of Florida-FIU. FIU is a member of Conference USA, with more than 400 student-athletes participating in 18 sports. The university has awarded more than 330,000 degrees to many leaders in South Florida and beyond. For more information about FIU, visit www.fiu.edu.
The Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine is currently seeking a Clinical IT Field Analyst III position to join our team of professionals.
- Provides client-side application systems support including software testing and deployment. Provides computing equipment and client application support to the faculty, staff and students of Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine (HWCOM) and FIU Health, involving problem resolution and service requests; Serves as escalation point for other agents needing assistance with resolution and configuration for Windows, Mac OS and iOS.
- Administers and configures Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) to create, modify, test and deploy software packages, software updates/patches and task sequences to endpoints.
- Works with COM IT Ticketing system to create, track, manage, and report on help desk tickets
- Communicates with end users to identify, explain, and resolve issues; Organizes work based on established priorities with little to no supervision
- Performs application support, testing and troubleshooting for assessment applications (i.e. Examplify, NBME, Canvas, Respondus), Zoom, and application plugins
- Provides customer support for various Microsoft Office 365 applications, including email. Troubleshoots and performs or makes recommendations for resolutions.
- Troubleshoots, installs, upgrades, maintains, and repairs computing equipment hardware and software issues, including connectivity problems.
- Provides support for classroom and learning facilities as needed; Operates learning facilities technology systems (including Simulation Center technologies).
- Serves as a liaison between HWCOM IT department and with University Division of IT (DOIT) wide subject matter experts.
- Provides status reports, problem summaries, and project status as required.
- Assists in creating IT procedures and guidelines.
- Participates in the on-call (24x7) IT support schedule as requested by the supervisor to maintain adequate coverage throughout the year; Must carry the on-call phone during on-call shift and responds to IT support.
- Provides support to the Mobile Health Centers computing equipment related to installations, updates and patches and troubleshooting.
- Assist with IT hardware and software purchasing. Works with asset management system to create, track, update, manage and report on assets.
- Provides daily support to the Mobile Health Centers while mobilized in the community conducting clinical services; Provides high priority service level to ensure 99.9% uptime with supported equipment during regular hours and weekend hours.
- May drive between campuses and clinical sites as needed.
- Provides technical support to computers that access FBI's Criminal Justice Information Service (CJIS) data which is protected and confidential information. Does not have direct access to CJIS data. However, may be exposed to data while providing technical support to employees who works with CJIS data on their computer.
- Performs related duties as required or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
Bachelor's degree in an appropriate area of specialization and five (5) years of IT experience, preferably in healthcare or education, OR an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience.
- Working knowledge and experience with configuring and troubleshooting Windows 7/8/10, Mac OS
- Experience with desktop and laptop hardware installs for Lenovo, Dell, Mac
- Working knowledge of LAN/WAN, TCP/IP, HTTP, DNS
- Working knowledge of industry standard concepts, best practices, and procedures
- Ability to document existing and new processes
To apply, please visit us on-line at https://hr.fiu.edu/careers/, click on “Prospective Employees” or “Current Employees” and search for job opening ID 527133.
FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.