Grounds Maintenance/Maintenance Worker #49941Elmwood Cemetery
Grounds Maintenance / Maintenance Worker for Elmwood Cemetery
- Must be 18 years of age.
- With a valid Driver's License.
- Must be able to pass a background check & drug test
- 401k & full benefits available
Overview & Responsibilities
We currently have a full time opening for a Cemetery Services Specialist at Elmwood Cemetery in Columbia, SC. This is the opportunity to be part of the Dignity Memorial® provider network and grow your career in the funeral, cremation and cemetery services business. For us, there is no greater responsibility than celebrating each life like no other and making a difference in the lives of people we serve.
Participates in openings and closings for interments, entombments, inurnments, and disinterment as well as the installation of memorials and markers. Performs grounds and facilities maintenance.
Requirements & Qualifications
High School degree or equivalent
Minimum of six (6) months experience operating standard equipment
Acceptable driving record and applicable license(s) to operate equipment/vehicles
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to operate hand-held tools and equipment, including, but not limited to a shovel, pick, rake, sledge hammer, lawn mower, weed trimmer, leaf blower, chain saw and pump
- Ability to operate mechanical equipment including, but not limited to, a dump truck, tractor, utility vehicle, marker trailed, dump trailer, jack hammer, tamper and backhoe
- Ability to accurately use measuring devices (i.e. tape measure, yard stick, etc.)
- Ability to communicate effectively with fellow associates, contractor personnel and client families Ability to lift heavy objects up to 30 lbs.
- Ability to work in various adverse weather conditions
- Understands safety and security issues and implications
- Mechanical aptitude