Director of FinanceDorchester School District Two
SALARY: As determined by DD2 Classified Salary Schedule
LENGTH OF CONTRACT: 245 days
- Possesses a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business or Finance.
- Possesses a minimum of three years of experience in school or governmental accounting.
- CPA license preferred.
- Possesses strong collaboration and leadership skills.
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Chief Financial Officer
To administer the fiscal affairs of the district efficiently and expeditiously.
- Directs all financial accounting and acts as supervisor of finance office personnel.
- Provides advance warning of potential over expenditure of budgeted funds.
- Cooperates with the auditors and provides information to them as requested, including review of draft financial statements and preparation of MDA.
- Insures district compliance with all state and federal reporting requirements.
- Assists Chief Financial Officer in preparation of annual and revised budgets.
- Establishes approved budget for all funds on the computer and inputs all budget amendments to the computer as they relate to each fund.
- Supervises monthly, quarterly or annual financial reimbursement requests for funding.
- Assumes contact with project coordinators to assure a smooth daily operation of project activity in order to avoid any deficit spending.
- Maintains contact with funding agency regarding amendments and reimbursement request.
- Prepares monthly financial report for the Board of Trustees.
- Examines and evaluates the adequacy and effectiveness of the District’s system of internal control.
- Assists in the refinement of the District’s fixed asset accounting records.
- Prepares journal entries to all funds as needed.
- Assists in evaluating the banking procedures to ensure the school district’s monies are properly secured and invested.
- Works with food service director in reporting and maintenance of food service accounts.
- Arranges for the internal auditing of school accounts and maintains an up to date inventory of school property.
- Coordinates the distribution and compilation of results of the federal cards.
- Performs special duties assigned by the Chief Financial Officer.
There will be a written evaluation every third year, at a minimum, on the successful performance of job responsibilities.
Application Deadline: December 10, 2019
Effective Date of Employment: January 2020
Apply at www.applitrack.com/dorchester/onlineapp Job ID #700
For more information contact the Personnel Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or (843) 873-2901, ext 60014.
Dorchester School District Two is an EOE.