COUNTY ADMINISTRATORDillon County Council
COUNTY ADMINISTRATOR POSITION
Dillon County is accepting applications for the position of County Administrator. The ideal candidate must possess experience in management, personnel, finance, economic development, development of revenue sources, working with an engaged citizenry, the skills to guide the development of strategic plans and capital improvement initiatives, and the capacity to manage organizational change. A more specific outline of required duties / knowledge is below:
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Implements goals, programs, policies and procedures established and approved by a majority vote of the County Council.
- Plans, directs, coordinates and supervises the overall activities, direction, and organizational structure of county departments not headed by an elected official to ensure that county short and long range goals and objectives are achieved.
- Ensures that County departments comply with county policies (purchasing, personnel, EEO and Civil Rights, etc.). Ensures the creation, update and distribution of county policies.
- Assists elected officials when necessary to help them meet their statutory requirements.
- Conducts regular staff meetings to review department progress, accomplishments, budgets and operating plans.
- Establishes organization procedures and communicates procedures to department heads for implementation.
- Hires, commends, disciplines and terminates staff within the organization. Helps in the development of employee potential and resolves employee disputes.
- Develops and presents the annual budget to County Council for action. Brings critical budget issues to the County Council for discussion.
- Follows the county budget and ensures that department budgets are managed properly. Establishes and implements county costs controls. Reviews and approves expenditures following financial management policies and county procurement policies.
- At the Direction of County Council represents the Council at various functions such as making speeches at civic and business association meetings. Meets with community members, developers, officials and representatives of the press to establish goodwill and resolve/respond to issues. Serves as the County’s representative to boards, committees, associations and other groups on behalf of the County Council.
- Directly and through staff identifies issues and provides analysis and recommendations to County Council.
- Performs other appropriate work as assigned by County Council.
Competitive salary DOQ plus excellent fringe benefits: Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred) in public administration, business administration or closely related field and at least seven (7) to ten (10) years of direct, progressive experience in local government or private sector administration, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience which provides the knowledge, skills and abilities required for the job.
Applicants must successfully pass a drug screening. Position will be open until October 19th, 2018, at 5:00 pm. Please mail a letter of interest with a resume, three personal references and three professional references to: Jamie Sue Stephens, Clerk to Council, Dillon County, and PO Box 449, Dillon, SC 29536. Dillon County is an equal opportunity employer. TDD (843)841-3707