Production Workers (Part-time)
Posted on March 6, 2018
- Feed inserts into hopper. May include feeding more than one hopper at a time.
- Assists co-workers inserting feeder when inserts are difficult to handle.
- Stacks down papers of various bundle sizes.
- Checks all Sunday and/or daily pre-run packages when running on insert machine.
- Works with both the subscriber and direct mailing operations.
- High school graduate or the equivalent preferred.
- Working experience in a manufacturing environment a plus.
- Good hand coordination to handle inserts and newspaper bundles of various sizes.
- Ability to stand in one place for long periods of time.
- Ability to follow and carry out instructions independently
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Must be able to read, write and communicate in English.
- Ability to repeatedly lift up to 35 lbs.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to multi-task and consistently meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and to contribute in a team environment.
- Flexible and adaptable to changing work priorities.
- Must demonstrate regular and reliable attendance. Additional hours, including overtime, may be required depending on workload.
- Follows all safety and security policies and procedures in accordance with company policies and local, state, and federal laws. Safety and security are every employee’s responsibility.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS:
- Constant standing on concrete flooring
- Constant walking
- Occasional sitting
- Occasional stair climbing
- Constant lifting up to 35 pounds
- Occasional pushing/pulling
- Constant bending, stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling
- Constant reaching with hands and arms
- Frequent repetitive and/or fine finger movement (manual dexterity)
- Constant repetitive twisting or pressure involving hands and wrists
- Constant clear vision at 20 inches or less
- Constant need to read and comprehend English language
- Constant need to speak and write in English
- Occasional need to preform calculations
- Occasional reasoning and analyzing
- Constant work near moving machine parts