STORMWATER MANAGER - ENGINEERINGCOLUMBIA WATER
STORMWATER MANAGER - ENGINEERING
Salary Range: $55,859.06 - $71,220.15
This position performs administration, enforcement and compliance with local ordinances, state codes regulating stormwater quality and quantity, construction and industrial activity and related assignments as outlined in the City's National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) Multiple Separate Storm Sewer System (MS4) Permit; and performs related duties as required. The incumbent works within a general outline of work to be performed, and develops work methods and sequences under general supervision.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Performs construction plan reviews;
• Manages inquires and complaints;
• Supervises and oversees various stormwater program;
• Performs timekeeping, hiring and firing of staff;
• Develops and revises technical documents as required by permit;
• Performs internal audits and billings;
• Conducts enforcement actions;
• Assists Street Division in complaints, maintenance concerns, capital improvement projects as needed;
• Acts as a liaison with consultants and development center;
• Participates in public education and outreach responsibilities for permits;
• Develops and revises of technical documents as required by permits;
• Assist in Floodplain Management Program;
• Writes and creates the annual report;
• Assists Engineering with stormwater Capital Improvement Projects (CIP) as needed;
• Attends meetings, training, seminars, etc., as necessary to maintain and enhance job knowledge and skills; and
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM WORK:
• Bachelor’s degree biology, chemistry, laboratory science and/or environmental management or closely related field.;
• Six (6) years of relevant prior experience;
• Valid South Carolina Class “D” Driver’s License;
• E.I.T or P.E. license preferred.
The work is considered light-to-medium in nature and involves walking or standing much of the time and also involves exerting between 20 and 50 pounds of force on a recurring basis, or considerable skill, adeptness and speed in the use of fingers, hands or limbs in tasks involving close tolerances or limits of accuracy.