Lecturer of Literacy EducationCoastal Carolina University
The Spadoni College of Education at Coastal Carolina University invites applications for a full-time Lecturer (non-tenure track) in the Literacy Education program.
• Teach five undergraduate pre-service literacy courses per semester
• Serve as coordinator of the Chanticleer Center for Literacy Education (one course reduction per year)
• Attend college, departmental, and program meetings
• Work with colleagues within the college of education to update syllabi and collect data as necessary within courses
• Serve on committees at the college and university level
• Maintain required office hours
• Actively work with the Dean, the early childhood center director and others to keep them apprised of work conducted through the center
• Other duties as deemed necessary
Required qualifications for this position include:
• A minimum of 18 graduate hours in literacy education from an accredited institution of higher education
• A minimum of three years successful experience teaching students in prekindergarten through grade 3 in public schools in the United States of America
• A willingness to coordinate the Chanticleer Center for Literacy Education
• Strong communication skills.
Review of complete applications will begin immediately and continue until July 1, 2019.
Coastal Carolina University is an EO/AA employer.