Unit Manager - St. Leonard
The Unit Manager is responsible for assuring quality resident care while maintaining nursing service objectives and standards of nursing practice in conjunction with the Director of Nursing. The Unit Manager serves as a resource person in both the clinical and management setting while also acting as a positive clinical role model and effective change agent to ensure optimum delivery of nursing care and services.
Reports to: Director of Nursing
Essential Job Specific Duties/Responsibilities
1. Performs activities related to nursing care needs of residents.
2. Documents in accordance with nursing policies and procedures.
3. Maintains effective communication with residents, families, staff, and physicians.
4. Effectively uses organizational skills in delivery of nursing care.
5. Participates in the establishment, implementation, and evaluation of an effective unit performance improvement program.
6. Satisfies all educational in-service requirements mandated by CHI Living Communities, the department, external accrediting, and regulatory agencies.
In addition to the essential job specific duties listed above, the Unit Manager shall be required to perform all duties (essential and non-essential) in a manner consistent with the mission and values (compassion, excellence, inclusion, integrity, collaboration) of CHI Living Communities and will be evaluated on such basis. Furthermore, every employee must abide by all campus, departmental, and safety policies, rules, and regulations.