Culinary Support consists of Salad Prep, Dishwasher, and Food Servers. All parties will be crossed trained in all areas to ensure proper staffing and excellent care of our residents.
Essential Job Specific Duties/Responsibilities
- Uses correct sanitation procedures in food prep
- Sanitizes surfaces in salad prep after each food
- Displays proper hand washing at all
- Cleans and sanitizes utensils after each
- Washes and places raw items in approved
- Cleans sinks daily or as often as needed.
- Sets up and maintains salad bars at 40°.
- Uses containers that allow foods to reach 40°.
- Presents items to meet customer
- Ensures that quantities of food offered meet demand.
- Properly rotates food (First in First out).
- Ensures that salad bars are broken down, cleaned, and monitored for proper temperature
- Uses production sheets to provide correct foods and
- Ensures salads and desserts are ready for each meal.
- Ensures each diet type receives correct food
- Ensures each meal and location is provided a
- Ensures consistent menu items or additions are offered at assigned area(s) if resident’s approved diet
- Keeps management informed of shortages or needs in a timely
- Performs quality food
- Uses correct glassware for each food
- Ensures salad bars are appealing to
- Checks frequently during meals, keeping salad bars neat and orderly.
- Replenishes items at salad bars during meal times.
- Provides garnishes for cooks to ensure attractive plate
- Follows correct Serve Safe
- Wears aprons, gloves as required, hair coverings, and correct jewelry and washes hands
- Prepares foods using
- Maintains foods within correct temperature guidelines.
- Washes and cleans surfaces between each food
- Rotates stock (First in First out).
- Satisfies all educational in-service requirements mandated by CHI Living Communities, the department, external accrediting, and regulatory
- Attends all mandatory in-service
- Adheres to facility policies and
- Completes yearly online education program by
- Attends employee meetings on a regular
In addition to the essential job specific duties listed above, the Culinary Support shall be required to perform all duties (essential and non-essential) in a manner consistent with the mission and values (compassion, excellence, inclusion, integrity, collaboration) of CHI Living Communities and will be evaluated on such basis. Furthermore, every employee must abide by all campus, departmental, and safety policies, rules, and regulations.
CHI Living Communities has the right to change the job specific duties and specifications required for the position of Culinary Support from time to time without prior notice.