Head of SchoolBridges Preparatory School
Head of School sought for Bridges Preparatory School, a state-authorized charter school in Port Royal and Beaufort, South Carolina, serving K-12 students in 2019 when this position opens. The school currently serves about 710 K-11 students and has been rated one of South Carolina’s Top Three State Charter Schools.
Bridges Prep is a Paideia school that has doubled in size since opening in 2013. We are building a new campus that initially will house the Upper School students in Fall 2019, and eventually the full K-12 school will be located on the property.
Anticipated start date: July 1, 2019
Deadline to apply: Oct. 8, 2018
1. Demonstrated understanding of K-12 school administration
2. Demonstrated understanding and preferred mastery of Paideia methodology
3. Understanding of SC Public Charter School and Bridges Prep charter
4. Successful experience as a principal or assistant principal in a 300+-student public/charter school
5. Demonstrated experience supervising various grade level teachers and providing support and mentoring
6. Demonstrated experience working with the school or District finance office to ensure fiscal stability
7. Must meet or exceed minimum qualifications under the Job Description for Bridges Preparatory School Head of School position
8. Must hold all required South Carolina Department of Education certifications as required by Job Description and/or SC Department of Education, SC Public Charter School District.
The successful Head of School will exhibit
1. Leadership in past positions with positive results
2. Successful experience and expertise in curriculum and instruction
3. Successful experience supervising and managing teachers and other staff
4. Successful history working with elected/appointed Board, Superintendent or Principal
5. Experience and confidence engaging with K-12 students and their families
6. Understanding of community relations and how to build and grow both internal and external support for a school through clear and consistent communications
7. Experience with school budgets and at least a basic understanding of school finance
8. Appreciation and value toward the Arts, Athletics and Technology Skills as part of the Paideia / Whole Child approach to learning
9. Experience with Special Education
10. Experience with English as a Second/Other Language students
11. Experience hiring, evaluating and mentoring employees, and terminating under-performing employees
12. The ability to delegate and then to evaluate staff performance, with under-performing employees being given adequate information and opportunities to improve
13. A background of open-door policies for staff to share concerns, achievements and ideas
14. A commitment to moving Bridges Prep forward to become one of the state’s highest-achieving K-12 schools
15. The ability to use student data to adjust curriculum and instruction to improve academic achievement
16. Integrity in all aspects of work for Bridges Prep
17. The ability and expectation to improve stakeholder satisfaction with Bridges Prep (families, students, staff, business partners)
18. The ability to resolve conflicts at all levels 19. Be a leader of vision for Bridges Prep!
Deadline for applications is Oct. 8, 2018
Bridges Preparatory School does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, disability, age, religion, immigration status, or national origin in its educational programs and employment practices.