Coordinator of Energy ManagementBeaufort County School District
The Beaufort County School District is accepting applications for the position Coordinator of Energy Management. This positions’ purpose is responsible for analyzing current energy usage and developing energy management plans in order to provide proper environmental conditions with cost energy utilization. The Energy Manager will be responsible for the district’s HVAC controls and tracking its performance.
COORDINATOR OF ENERGY MANAGEMENT
POSITION PURPOSE: Responsible for analyzing current energy usage and developing energy management plans in order to provide proper environmental conditions with cost energy utilization. The Energy Manager will be responsible for the district’s HVAC controls and tracking its performance.
- Ensure that the Energy Management operations are supportive of the districts instructional goals.
- Promote comfortable indoor climate for learning
- Recommend policies directed towards energy conservation.
- Develop long range plans for improving energy savings.
- Review effectiveness of maintenance contractor’s HVAC preventive maintenance and controls programs.
- Assume responsibility for compiling, maintaining, and filling state energy office reports.
- Maintain daily schedules for all buildings for effective usages.
- Work with district staff and design consultants designing projects as they relate to energy management.
- Update district staff on energy conservation with projects.
- Promote educational programs used in K-12 classrooms involving energy efficiency.
- Articulate the districts mission and goals in the area of energy management.
- Monitoring and reviewing monthly bills from both electric companies.
- Analyze utility rates and usages with the utility company account manager to determine if we need to make any changes.
- Provide technical support to facilities planning managers and also mechanical and electrical engineers assigned to district projects.
- Carry out site inspections and energy surveys at each district building.
- Check the HVAC equipment to make certain it has been installed per specifications and that is operating as designed.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES: Performs other related tasks as assigned by the Facilities, Planning and Construction Officer, Chief Operational Services Officer, Superintendent or other district office administrator as designated by the Superintendent.
- A degree in mechanical engineering preferred.
- Ten years’ experience in the HVAC field or energy management profession.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential responsibilities and functions of the job and are not meant to be all inclusive. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential responsibilities and functions of the job.
Unless reasonable accommodations can be made, while performing this job the staff member shall:
Use strength to lift items needed to perform the functions of the job.
Sit, stand and walk for required periods of time.
Speak and hear.
Use close vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception along with the ability to focus vision.
Communicate effectively in English, using proper grammar and vocabulary. American Sign Language or Braille may also be considered as acceptable forms of communication.
Reach with hands and arms and use hands and fingers to handle objects and operate tools, technology equipment, computers, and/or controls.
WORK PLACE EXPECTATIONS:
- Work effectively with and respond to diverse cultures or backgrounds.
- Demonstrate professionalism and appropriate judgment in behavior, speech, and dress in a neat, clean and professional manner for the assignment and work setting.
- Have regular and punctual attendance.
- Follow all District policies, work procedures, and reasonable requests by the proper authorities.
Application Procedures: Please visit our web site at www.beaufortschools.net to view the detailed requirements for this position and to complete the application process. You must choose this specific position(s) under the Employee Position section of the application to be considered.
Beaufort County School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer